Why are transfers not a language in these new contracts?

1package2go

I see and hear allot of transfer questions from employees. The transfer policy is in need of a change. Why is this never a topic in new contracts? Keeping seniority with transfer! I understand it may seem unfair for a person with less seniority waiting for a position at their building when another transfer employee with more tenure moves right in front of them may seem unfair but seniority is seniority. Building and company should be the same thing. Does this make sense to anyone.

WTFm8

I agree but also feel you should replace the lowest persons bid route to start for the first year till next round of route bidding comes.

Would let you learn the differences of how that building is ran.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I see and hear allot of transfer questions from employees. The transfer policy is in need of a change. Why is this never a topic in new contracts? Keeping seniority with transfer! I understand it may seem unfair for a person with less seniority waiting for a position at their building when another transfer employee with more tenure moves right in front of them may seem unfair but seniority is seniority. Building and company should be the same thing. Does this make sense to anyone.
Because nobody who lived in a crap area would stay there. Everyone would rather move to better location. You’d have a whole center transfer at once.
Not to mention you’d most likely be switching in and out of different Local Unions.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I don't think it would be fair to allow someone who hired into one of the booming hubs, and got the opportunity to go full-time immediately to jump in front of part-timers at other buildings who have gone 10 years without having the opportunity to go full-time.

It would also suck to have have this implemented while living in a desireable location...the bottom person would have a junk route forever since senior employees would keep transferring in.

Nike

surprised people oppose this, seriously with all the 22.whatever jobs being created, I don't see how if somebody wants a transfer to another area how that can't be made to work. Just reset their hub seniority, and really if a job is open I don't see why we wouldn't prefer other upsers to apply for them. This company can't keep making excuses that involve the union to prevent moving to the 21st century.

1package2go

Because nobody who lived in a crap area would stay there. Everyone would rather move to better location. You’d have a whole center transfer at once.
Not to mention you’d most likely be switching in and out of different Local Unions.

You realize most companies in the United States allow transfers and they don’t have complete turmoil of employees transferring here in there there’s always someone that wants to be in the area

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

There already is transfer language in the Master agreement.

And, in the Western Conference.

You realize most companies in the United States allow transfers and they don’t have complete turmoil of employees transferring here in there there’s always someone that wants to be in the area

Most companies aren't like UPS and have a large Unionized workforce.

Plus all the various pension, healthcare plans, and supplemental agreements.

Transfer and be able to dovetail in seniority at a new location ?

That would never fly.... even with the members.

-Bug-