Why are you personally against UPS installing AC in all delivery vehicle? (On Topic Only)

Integrity

Binge Poster
I cannot figure why any UPS Driver would be against UPS installing air conditioning in all delivery vehicles.

Just because it is installed it wouldn’t mean you would have to use it if you didn’t want to or thought it was a bad idea.

Why are you personally against UPS installing AC in all delivery vehicles?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
RPCD here
30+ years

I’d rather sweat my 🤬 off
than open that door 300 times!

a/c would be useless with the amount of times we open the door

DRINK WATER
STAY HYDRATED

🧔‍♂️✊

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I don’t want ac. It would be pointless unless on a country route. I want a way to cool and vent the back of the truck. It needs to be mandatory at this point.

Integrity

Binge Poster
RPCD here
30+ years

I’d rather sweat my 🤬 off
than open that door 300 times!

a/c would be useless with the amount of times we open the door

DRINK WATER
STAY HYDRATED

🧔‍♂️✊
I understand, but I still don’t get it.

Wouldn’t just leaving the air conditioning off be a reasonable response if this is how you see it?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I understand, but I still don’t get it.

Wouldn’t just leaving the air conditioning off be a reasonable response if this is how you see it?
Well then what the hell is the point of installing them

Let’s just focus on getting out of building on time

🧔‍♂️✊

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I cannot figure why any UPS Driver would be against UPS installing air conditioning in all delivery vehicles.

Just because it is installed it wouldn’t mean you would have to use it if you didn’t want to or thought it was a bad idea.

The retired guys want the money going into the pension, screw the guys still working.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t want ac. It would be pointless unless on a country route. I want a way to cool and vent the back of the truck. It needs to be mandatory at this point.
Your position is not clear to me.

Do want AC or do you not want AC?

Both cab and back of truck.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Nope, don't care. I just don't want to bargain away something to get them. If the company is going to do it, they should focus on the areas that really need it.
Yes it shouldn't be bargained for and have the union take away something more valuable such as 22.4s or PVDS. I don't want AC installed due to fact it will only break and not get fixed as most of our DVIRs say parts on order already. Secondly AC will not benefit the driver as other methods such as ventilation for the cargo area would allow more heat to be dispersed. Another thing if UPS puts AC in our trucks it would give the company a reason to state they provided a reasonable effort to protect their employees, which would actually be a lie if you understand getting out so often would negate the purpose of AC in general.

trotsky

Careful what you wish for, youll be delivering out of a bricked out uhaul. Probably Cheaper than fitting and maintaining ac in pc's

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes it shouldn't be bargained for and have the union take away something more valuable such as 22.4s or PVDS. I don't want AC installed due to fact it will only break and not get fixed as most of our DVIRs say parts on order already. Secondly AC will not benefit the driver as other methods such as ventilation for the cargo area would allow more heat to be dispersed. Another thing if UPS puts AC in our trucks it would give the company a reason to state they provided a reasonable effort to protect their employees, which would actually be a lie if you understand getting out so often would negate the purpose of AC in general.

I think cooling the cargo area would be the most beneficial. At very least the Union should be encouraging people to park in some shade and open the bulkhead and back doors until the cargo area gets to a safe temperature, and do that as many times as they need to throughout the day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Manly men say poo poo to the A/C the hotter the better

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The main concern is the back of the truck. Being exposed to that kind of heat is deadly. Taking care of ourselves outside of that is simple. If there was a solution to remove the heat from the back this would solve the issue potentially.

The company will never spend the money to retrofit an old package car with air conditioning

Maybe they can negotiate new package cars have air conditioning just like they did years ago with new package cars shall have power steering

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don't think it's being against it so much as simply recognizing that it would be a complete waste and totally useless in its given application. Not like they'd let you idle on lunch.