Why Businesses Move from the North to the South?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Many businesses are moving to the South because of more productive and happier workers, good weather, less upkeep on facilities and vehicles, less taxes, less regulation, etc

What can you add to the reasons above?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right to work. Almost all your southern states are right to work. Also overall I would say the cost of living is much lower in the south. Therefore people are happier with lower wages.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Caterpillar opened a plant in Griffin Ga shortly before the turn of the century,and the company made it VERY clear the plant was opened in a RTW state to avoid the union hassles it had experienced in Illinois.

KIA opened a manufacturing plant a few years ago in West Point Ga and is non union and I cant help but think with Georgia being a RTW(for less) state thhat didnt figure a great deal into the decision to open the plant here

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Right to work. Almost all your southern states are right to work. Also overall I would say the cost of living is much lower in the south. Therefore people are happier with lower wages.

I agree with that and I also noticed another pattern.
Corporate offices and white collar service offices tend to move to urban areas and manufacturing and blue collar service offices to rural areas.
Urban areas tend to have better schools and a more educated pool of resources (potential employees).

The cost of living is much lower in the south in the rural south than up north in the rust belt areas.

804brown

Also more poverty, more people on food stamps and medicaid. Lower wages, lower standard of living. Perfect scenario for greedy companies who want to exploit their workforce. "People are happier with lower wages" LOL!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also more poverty, more people on food stamps and medicaid. Lower wages, lower standard of living. Perfect scenario for greedy companies who want to exploit their workforce. "People are happier with lower wages" LOL!!

Stop and think about it ... these people are not why companies move to the South.

These type of people are a lot of the reason why companies leave the North ... they want $20/hr or more before they will work in the North and then they file Worker's Comp or don't show up for work and then file for unemployment.

wkmac

Also more poverty, more people on food stamps and medicaid.

Stop and think about it ... these people are not why companies move to the South.

These type of people are a lot of the reason why companies leave the North ... they want $20/hr or more before they will work in the North and then they file Worker's Comp or don't show up for work and then file for unemployment.

I'll let you in on a little southern secret. 150 years ago, we wanted to leave but the north had other ideas. BTW, strange that slavery ended without war across the planet except here but then that assumes the war was fought over slavery to begin with.

Anyhoo, the southern secret is that we learned a little trick from this fella named Osama bin Laden and now southerners like thirsty vampires are bleeding the northerners dry. To make it even better, the stupid yankees keep demanding their own pay more taxes which we bleed right out of your coffers right into our own pockets. So you see, 150 years ago it would have been in your best interest to have kicked us to the curb and be done with us but now it's too late. Our fangs are deeply embedded in your Carotid artery. So as your world in the north succombs to the death of the southern cause, you only have yourself to blame.

Once again, Imperial America is bitten by it's own unintended consequences!
:happy-very:

Speaking of that era, reading earlier today in how General Grant wanted to expel the jews!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'll let you in on a little southern secret. 150 years ago, we wanted to leave but the north had other ideas. BTW, strange that slavery ended without war across the planet except here but then that assumes the war was fought over slavery to begin with.

Anyhoo, the southern secret is that we learned a little trick from this fella named Osama bin Laden and now southerners like thirsty vampires are bleeding the northerners dry. To make it even better, the stupid yankees keep demanding their own pay more taxes which we bleed right out of your coffers right into our own pockets. So you see, 150 years ago it would have been in your best interest to have kicked us to the curb and be done with us but now it's too late. Our fangs are deeply embedded in your Carotid artery. So as your world in the north succombs to the death of the southern cause, you only have yourself to blame.

Once again, Imperial America is bitten by it's own unintended consequences!
:happy-very:

It's called Civil War blowback and it's not a new phenomena.
The Income Tax was created at the behest of the Dixiecrats (led by Hoke Smith) so that the wealth of the North could be spread around dow South.
I needle my friends in Ct and NY by thanking them for sharing their wealth with us people in the South. Over 50% of their wages are taxed before they see a penny.

BrownArmy

It's called Civil War blowback and it's not a new phenomena.
The Income Tax was created at the behest of the Dixiecrats (led by Hoke Smith) so that the wealth of the North could be spread around dow South.
I needle my friends in Ct and NY by thanking them for sharing their wealth with us people in the South. Over 50% of their wages are taxed before they see a penny.

With that rationale, tell me why you weren't an Obama supporter?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I agree with that and I also noticed another pattern.
Corporate offices and white collar service offices tend to move to urban areas and manufacturing and blue collar service offices to rural areas.
Urban areas tend to have better schools and a more educated pool of resources (potential employees).

The cost of living is much lower in the south in the rural south than up north in the rust belt areas.
The southern and south- central states are generally the most poor, least educated, and so on. That is most of it, right there.