Why can't I get a combo or fulltime job?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
i hope u do. thats why it is important that all partime employees rally , with grievances to force the creation of the 20,000 fulltime combos that they did not create. we need to let ups know we are not letting are guard down , and are union strikes with force. (pass this on ) if so i will strike for u, I have a combo job because of the 97 strike and im grateful.thank u to my brothers &sisters .

Hell I would like to do that but honestly all the part timers at my hub are brainwashed by corporate. Luckily I joined at the right time, I see more and more brown nosing day after day. They are scared they will get on someones bad side so they just keep their mouths shut. It could just be my center and I learned from all the old school guys. Now it's nothing but other employees tattling on each other which I will never do. I've tried getting other employees to help me start something but they won't, they are just afraid to make some small time pt sup angry.

Dynomite

Hell I would like to do that but honestly all the part timers at my hub are brainwashed by corporate. Luckily I joined at the right time, I see more and more brown nosing day after day. They are scared they will get on someones bad side so they just keep their mouths shut. It could just be my center and I learned from all the old school guys. Now it's nothing but other employees tattling on each other which I will never do. I've tried getting other employees to help me start something but they won't, they are just afraid to make some small time pt sup angry.

My hub is the same way... I was hired in Orlando and for some reason they put me straight into Revenue Recovery. Everyone in Revenue Recovery have like 10+ years of seniority so I learned from all of them. RR had to make cuts so obviously I was the first to go and became a loader.. I moved to Illinois and all the PT's here are scared to stand up for themselves. Honestly in Orlando I saw someone file a grievance almost everyday whether it was wrong or right. I've been in IL for almost two years and have not even seen someone bring it up. I get that supervisors are technically your boss but they don't know jack about anything, and sometimes you have to point them in the right direction. Unfortunately most PT sups get that collared shirt and think they don't have to listen to us..so you have to point them in the right direction with a grievance lol. I've only been with UPS for three years and I try and put some fire in the PT's but no one cares enough.