why complain

Ouch

Why is it that a union member will get on a forum and complain about their local, tell everybody how the union is in bed with the company, and why will they never file a grievance. If the people would just try and make the company abide by the contract the employees would see more full time jobs, they would enjoy the respect they would get, and not to mention the free money from the company. Grow a set and make the company honor the contract and quit complaining about how much you get screwed while you stand their and let them walk all over you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Forcing the company to follow the contract is only half the battle-----the other half are those employees who work off the clock, don't take their full lunch/break, don't take it when they are supposed to or take it when they get off road in the bldg.

Indecisi0n

I know in some ways it would be counter productive but I wish stewards could/would pull the union card of a few members. Some guys in my shop go far beyond being a scab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will readily admit that I do not take lunch while my helper is on the car----to me that just seems to be counter-intuitive. He works the preload, takes a half hour lunch and then meets me on area. We then bust butt all day until I drop him either at his house (he lives on route) or at his car. If I drop him off at home his father takes him to get his car. I then complete my pickups and take my lunch before heading back to the center.

Indecisi0n

I will readily admit that I do not take lunch while my helper is on the car----to me that just seems to be counter-intuitive. He works the preload, takes a half hour lunch and then meets me on area. We then bust butt all day until I drop him either at his house (he lives on route) or at his car. If I drop him off at home his father takes him to get his car. I then complete my pickups and take my lunch before heading back to the center.

Funny how every driver who breaks the rules always seems to have a valid excuse.

Why is it that a union member will get on a forum and complain about their local, tell everybody how the union is in bed with the company, and why will they never file a grievance. If the people would just try and make the company abide by the contract the employees would see more full time jobs, they would enjoy the respect they would get, and not to mention the free money from the company. Grow a set and make the company honor the contract and quit complaining about how much you get screwed while you stand their and let them walk all over you.
No balls

Forcing the company to follow the contract is only half the battle-----the other half are those employees who work off the clock, don't take their full lunch/break, don't take it when they are supposed to or take it when they get off road in the bldg.
So employees like you are the problem. That's pretty big of you to admit that.

Indecisi0n

407 now we all know how this will go down. A certain member is backed into a corner with no where to go so what will he do? Just stop responding and move on to infect another thread.

I didn't say a name in hopes this post doesn't disappear like the rest.

oldstagg

I will readily admit that I do not take lunch while my helper is on the car----to me that just seems to be counter-intuitive. He works the preload, takes a half hour lunch and then meets me on area.

If I was the co-worker / helper I would appreciate Dave's consideration for not extending my day.

In this debate you guys are having is it possible to be a little Dave and a little union and thus at the end of the day be both a good upser and a good teamster?

Is there anyone here that will truly screw the customer in order to follow the contract 100 percent or do we all do things all the time that helps UPS and the customer.

I'm just asking because I've never known a driver that would not bend on something in the interest of good customer service. I think thats what has made this company successful. the company comes up with a screwed up plan and the drivers protect their customers and make it work.