why did my full time sup say this

BobBarker

asked my full time how long it usually takes to become a driver he said he didnt know but he said its hard and most people who do it end up right back in the hub. was he saying that to scare me to not do it or is that the truth do people who do it end up back as a package handler

The Driver

I drive.
He's negative on it because he's probably a negative person. Just try it if you want to try it. Go do it. It's hard as :censored2: but it's not impossible.

Box Ox

asked my full time how long it usually takes to become a driver he said he didnt know but he said its hard and most people who do it end up right back in the hub. was he saying that to scare me to not do it or is that the truth do people who do it end up back as a package handler

If your sups think the only thing between your ears is a 3 pound lasagna, they’re naturally gonna try and steer you in a direction that doesn’t risk their numbers as much.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Are you Jewish?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If your 8000 threads started on here are any indication you’ll never make it.

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Dude just go driving or dont, either you make it or not. Your manager sounds like an overweight FT sup that walks around and complains how nobody does their job right, I'm I on point.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's to make sure you're serious about the job. It costs UPS quite a bit of money to train drivers, and enough of the serious ones wash out as it is. They don't need people who will just dq themselves because the job is sooooo hard...

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's to make sure you're serious about the job. It costs UPS quite a bit of money to train drivers, and enough of the serious ones wash out as it is. They don't need people who will just dq themselves because the job is sooooo hard...
We had a driver who couldn't wait to go driving and make the "big money". Started qualifying shortly before peak started and didn't even make it through peak because they were working too much. DQ'd themselves and went back to the preload to make the "small money"

PT Crazy

I have seen the biggest screwed part timers take a driving bid. They turned their life around and stayed out driving.

Have also seen a handful of ....oh they will be a good driver. They failed and are back in the hub.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Very few things in life I enjoy more than watching a worthless loader attempt to go full time.

Normally they are the biggest complainers of their load quality.....just walk over and say “yeah only if your loader would just put stuff on the right shelf”.....”don’t worry though, you make the big money”.

Truly glorious!!