Why didn't Fedex deliver my package?

thedownhillEXPRESS

Well ma'am/sir, for one FedEx management made your driver sit and take a one hour lunch even though he would bring 47 undelivered packages back..
In years past they let drivers take a half hour during this time of year, a half hour times 70 drivers=alot more packages delivered.
But FedEx is now a fly by night run company, so screw you customer, he sits unproductive for one full hour, no exceptions!

Fellow drivers, share your story how Fedex is screwing over the customer this year, I'm sure the title of this thread is going to be typed into a google browser tens of thousands of times in the next few days, I hope it sends them right here...

Customers, register and post your questions and we will help you be armed with information when you are being fed a line of Bull****** from Fedex management....

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We got so hammered that some peeps refused to put pkgs on their trks. that was due today that they knew they wouldn't get off.
It's not fair for the customer to "see" it's "on the trk. for del." then at 9:00 PM it's "available for pup at the sta."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well ma'am/sir, for one FedEx management made your driver sit and take a one hour lunch even though he would bring 47 undelivered packages back..
In years past they let drivers take a half hour during this time of year, a half hour times 70 drivers=alot more packages delivered.
But FedEx is now a fly by night run company, so screw you customer, he sits unproductive for one full hour, no exceptions!

Fellow drivers, share your story how Fedex is screwing over the customer this year, I'm sure the title of this thread is going to be typed into a google browser tens of thousands of times in the next few days, I hope it sends them right here...

Customers, register and post your questions and we will help you be armed with information when you are being fed a line of Bull****** from Fedex management....

Excellent post. I had 60 stops left after my 13/14 yesterday, did not get any pickup help, and brought back many DEX 01's. I was extra-heavy on PUPS, and FedEx policy dictates that outbound has priority over inbound ($$$), so I did what I had to do. Management is also requring full 13/14's here, and although the expectation is that most will work through them, I'm not one of them.

Like you said, the reasonable, customer-correct solution would be to allow 30-minute lunches, but that isn't on the table. The other part, which is leaving pkgs behind that you know you're not going to get to, also makes way too much sense. At least the customer can pick it up in the station if they want to, but that option is off the table if it's sitting in your truck. Numerous DEX 01's also leave less room for outbound.

I will bring back at least 20 today, and so will most other couriers in the station. And yes, wouldn't it be great if customers post the kinds of questions you suggested. The lies from the Call Centers and Dispatch get pretty stinky this time of year.

This is a perfect illustration of how the "new and improved" FedEx operates. Sure, we'll take your package, but we'll deliver it late, or not at all if it interferes with our profit initiative.

hypo hanna

It was t delivered because your driver had a pickup that took priority. The philosophy as stat to me from mgmt is that "we basically already have the money from the customer on the delivery package. " Yes he can ask for a refund but that's a smaller percentage of total delivery failures that go that route.

vantexan

It was t delivered because your driver had a pickup that took priority. The philosophy as stat to me from mgmt is that "we basically already have the money from the customer on the delivery package. " Yes he can ask for a refund but that's a smaller percentage of total delivery failures that go that route.

Isn't the refund policy suspended during Peak?

Rhoderunner

We got so hammered that some peeps refused to put pkgs on their trks. that was due today that they knew they wouldn't get off.
It's not fair for the customer to "see" it's "on the trk. for del." then at 9:00 PM it's "available for pup at the sta."

That's exactly the point we argued this AM. Far worse for them to see it "Out for delivery" and not get the attempt. Leave it behind, maybe some would make the trip to the station to get it. Nope, take it for a ride and have them take up the room ya need for the pups. Yeah that makes perfect sense. :knockedout:

overflowed

sort of. you get an extra hour and a half to make service. in practice I think most people actually don't care about time-definite delivery unless they're running a lab or a factory or something.
first overnight package was my last stop today. They should know better than to pay for that kind of service this time of year. Feel kinda bad but im trying to get as many people as possible their packages. No one's special on my truck during the holidays. especially on a rural rte.

Goldilocks

When I got to the Barn last night there were customers at the front counter and the line was out the door and not happy. Probably trying to pickup their packages that were not attempted.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Excellent post. I had 60 stops left after my 13/14 yesterday, did not get any pickup help, and brought back many DEX 01's. I was extra-heavy on PUPS, and FedEx policy dictates that outbound has priority over inbound ($$$), so I did what I had to do. Management is also requring full 13/14's here, and although the expectation is that most will work through them, I'm not one of them.

Like you said, the reasonable, customer-correct solution would be to allow 30-minute lunches, but that isn't on the table. The other part, which is leaving pkgs behind that you know you're not going to get to, also makes way too much sense. At least the customer can pick it up in the station if they want to, but that option is off the table if it's sitting in your truck. Numerous DEX 01's also leave less room for outbound.

I will bring back at least 20 today, and so will most other couriers in the station.

You're posting at 603 PM that you'll bring back 20?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

3 days in a row I get sent to "help" a rural route, which is what I volunteered to do, but at the last minute the managerial equivalent to a circus dog that I deal with, decided I needed to do the FO shuttle, come back and run my P1 route, then do the missorts and tttthhhhheeennnn pick up 30 stops at the station and drive 45 minutes to the delivery area...guess I'm a bad ***** because I only brought back about 15 stops each day..lol I did feel bad that I couldn't get to the same 3 stops for 3 days in a row though.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're posting at 603 PM that you'll bring back 20?

Ever hear of time zones? Keep trying, OK? One other thing we do is meet points where one person takes the outbound, so the rest of us can keep delivering. My suggestion. Management couldn't quite grasp the concept.