Why do good supes never last?

Hot Carl

Best supe I've ever had in this place said his goodbyes today. Competent, sane, understanding, always listened and made an effort to help whenever he could. I can genuinely say he did the best he could with what he had, which oftentimes wasn't much.

And the thanks he got for all that was getting thrown under the bus by a center manager with an agenda. Guy stuck it out for as long as he could until he'd finally had enough and found a better opportunity, leaving us stuck with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dip:censored2: for the foreseeable future.

Why do we do this? Why does this company insist on making it so intolerable for anyone wanting to make a positive difference?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Best supe I've ever had in this place said his goodbyes today. Competent, sane, understanding, always listened and made an effort to help whenever he could. I can genuinely say he did the best he could with what he had, which oftentimes wasn't much.

And the thanks he got for all that was getting thrown under the bus by a center manager with an agenda. Guy stuck it out for as long as he could until he'd finally had enough and found a better opportunity, leaving us stuck with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dip:censored2: for the foreseeable future.

Why do we do this? Why does this company insist on making it so intolerable for anyone wanting to make a positive difference?
Because they’re taught to be hated.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down

My very limited experience has taught me that management loves to abuse people and they can’t abuse (most) union members. So they abuse each other. It’s a sick relationship but hey who am I to judge.

HavenoEDD

The better sups are the ones with one foot out the door either because they’re close to retiring or have the money to go do something else. center manager hate them because they can’t control them…they like the young buck whose got their eyes on the prize. The young company kids that dream of $, stock and power… 😂
They’re all in for a fun time next year when Carol has stock numbers to hit..firing and outsourcing has started and isn’t stopping.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
There is no real training on how to be a leader, starting when you are new supervisor, sure there are a bunch of on-line courses but that is no substitute for real in-class hands on training. We see it everyday.

Pullman Brown

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s why!!

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Good supervisors don't lie,cheat and steal so they never last.

We had a stand up manager who had a “Question Authority” bumper sticker on his old Honda. Smart guy.. took the buy out in “95”...

Back in the 80’s and 90’s most of the managers would knife you in the back to get more MIP stock.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Good supervisors don't lie,cheat and steal so they never last.
All management has to lie, cheat and steal to make their numbers and keep their job. It's a sad fact
Anybody in management who says any different is lying or doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.

nWo

A lot of good preloaders, unloaders, sorters and drivers don't last either. Mainly due to bad and abusive management.