Why do I get Pay Actual and Pay Guarantee?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If I work 7/8 hours with lunch and don't get asked if I want to go home am I supposed to be paid 8h as a 22.4?

Article 22.4 (b) nma

5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yo this company can be trash sometimes. Please don't make me file a grievance over $11 shorted on Monday cus they changed my time to a code 5. FOH, give me my darn guaranteed 8!

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
shoulda taken less than 1hr lunch then

code 5 means u can take 15m. home early by 45m
No offense but I don’t think you understand what the codes really mean...the ability to take a shorter lunch is just a side effect of the fact that you are agreeing to “pay actual” which may (or may not) be shorter than 8 hrs. They force you to take a full lunch if you want to demand your 8 hrs of work. What happened to the other guy was that he punched in as code 6, worked a hair short of 8 hrs, and then had his pay shorted because they changed the code for that day later on. Which they do so often that it might as well be company policy.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
No offense but I don’t think you understand what the codes really mean...the ability to take a shorter lunch is just a side effect of the fact that you are agreeing to “pay actual” which may (or may not) be shorter than 8 hrs. They force you to take a full lunch if you want to demand your 8 hrs of work. What happened to the other guy was that he punched in as code 6, worked a hair short of 8 hrs, and then had his pay shorted because they changed the code for that day later on. Which they do so often that it might as well be company policy.
Exactly.
Screenshot_20201215-230836_Drive.jpg