Why do I have to sign for everthing? No one can figure it out

jedispork

I have to sign for every package I receive. I've talked to people in the office that deal with that kind of stuff and they all say there is no reason I should have to sign for everything. My girlfriend did file a claim a few years back but they said that its been taken care of and we should no longer have to sign.
My last driver signed for me. He also tried getting the problem fixed but they told him the same thing. It all comes up in the diad signature required. Now that we have a new driver we are missing all our packages again.

I'm a amazon prime member and order a lot of videos and cd's. I would like to give my business to ups since I work there but no one seems to be able to help me. Any ideas on what I should do? I could have everything shipped to my parents house since someone is there during the day. Otherwise I think this is my last year using prime which uses ups.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have to sign for every package I receive. I've talked to people in the office that deal with that kind of stuff and they all say there is no reason I should have to sign for everything. My girlfriend did file a claim a few years back but they said that its been taken care of and we should no longer have to sign.
My last driver signed for me. He also tried getting the problem fixed but they told him the same thing. It all comes up in the diad signature required. Now that we have a new driver we are missing all our packages again.

I'm a amazon prime member and order a lot of videos and cd's. I would like to give my business to ups since I work there but no one seems to be able to help me. Any ideas on what I should do? I could have everything shipped to my parents house since someone is there during the day. Otherwise I think this is my last year using prime which uses ups.
If you're talking about pkgs that are being shipped to your house/apt and you have filed a claim in the past, your house/apt is now considered unsafe to release pkgs to. As for the driver signing for your pkgs, that's a no-no and should never be done. What happens if that pkg goes missing? Will you cover for the driver that signed for your pkg?

I think you're out of luck, as far as not having to sign for your pkgs. Signing for pkgs happens to be the best thing. You'll be sure you received it and nothing will ever go missing. Why not have them shipped to where you work?

fethrs

If you are talking about your Amazon packages, isn't there a place on the Amazon order page where you can put "No Signature Required" it will show up on the ups label that way.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If you are talking about your Amazon packages, isn't there a place on the Amazon order page where you can put "No Signature Required" it will show up on the ups label that way.
Sometimes houses/apt's are tagged with a NO DRIVER RELEASE code. I think this is what the OP is talking about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a note in the DIAD listing his stop as Signature Required. Until that note is removed he will have to continue signing for his packages. He did say that he works at UPS so I suggest that he talk to the center team and see if the note can be removed from the DIAD.

As Steve said, the driver who had been signing for those pkgs may have thought he was doing the consignee a favor, but would the consignee return the favor if a pkg comes up missing?

fethrs

There is a note in the DIAD listing his stop as Signature Required. Until that note is removed he will have to continue signing for his packages. He did say that he works at UPS so I suggest that he talk to the center team and see if the note can be removed from the DIAD.

As Steve said, the driver who had been signing for those pkgs may have thought he was doing the consignee a favor, but would the consignee return the favor if a pkg comes up missing?

Gotcha!

jedispork

the driver who had been signing for those pkgs may have thought he was doing the consignee a favor, but would the consignee return the favor if a pkg comes up missing?

You make a good point. I may leave it as is and just get smaller things shipped to my mailbox. I've also thought about just having all my items marked for pick up. My problem with signing for everything is that my gf and I both work nights and usually don't hear the door.

evilleace

I think you should have all things held at the center and then pick them up while you are at work. That way you don't miss the packages and you still get to use UPS.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You make a good point. I may leave it as is and just get smaller things shipped to my mailbox. I've also thought about just having all my items marked for pick up. My problem with signing for everything is that my gf and I both work nights and usually don't hear the door.
Try sleeping in seperate bedrooms.:surprised:

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't get stuff at my house because I'm not home. Duh--have it sent somewhere else where it can be signed for or pick it up at UPS. This ain't rocket science.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like the address has a "Code 4", or no driver release assigned to it. In my Center, the PAS Sup or LP person is the one to go to and get this removed. A driver can come out of EDD and override it to get around it, but that will probably generate a report of some kind. I would just find the right person and get the Code 4 taken off.

UPSGUY72

1. Do you live in a muti-family building that could be one reason ?

2. You say you work for UPS so ask and ORS why your address is (Need Sig).

UPS dosen't usaully put NEED SIG on and address just becasue of one package. Your address must be a high claim address in that case your SOL unless you move.

rod

Retired 22 years
This sounds like the address has a "Code 4", or no driver release assigned to it. In my Center, the PAS Sup or LP person is the one to go to and get this removed. A driver can come out of EDD and override it to get around it, but that will probably generate a report of some kind. I would just find the right person and get the Code 4 taken off.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding anybody that would actually make that decision. That would be called sticking your neck for some one else. It don't happen.

UPSGUY72

This sounds like the address has a "Code 4", or no driver release assigned to it. In my Center, the PAS Sup or LP person is the one to go to and get this removed. A driver can come out of EDD and override it to get around it, but that will probably generate a report of some kind. I would just find the right person and get the Code 4 taken off.

That is a good way to get fired.

jedispork

thanks guys you've posted some great suggestions. I have already talked to them in the office and so has the driver. They checked over on the computer and said there is no reason I should be signing for everything.

So from now on I will just have it delivered to my parents house where I can pick it up whenever I want. Picking it up while at work is not a reliable option either because I'm home by the time the customer counter opens and finding them while I'm there has proved to be challenging.