Why do we have to wait....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
....for the supplements to get wrapped up in order to view the details, all of them, of this so-called "handshake ageement"?

I have been patient, actually supporting the notion that the Negotiating Committee need not report every tidbit that got pushed across the table by either side during the process.

But enough is enough.

When the IBT asked for a "strike authorization", we deserved to know the sticking points then....instead we gave them blind, carte blanche power to strike.

Now, with a handshake ageement in place, what's the hold up?
I can think of no disadvantage to supplemental committees to have the "agreement" revealed?
Actually, it could be an advantage and an opportunity for supplemental committes to preview sentiment from the membership, so they could address perceived shortcomings in the Master in their various supplements?

What don't they want us to know?....it doesn't make sense.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
....for the supplements to get wrapped up in order to view the details, all of them, of this so-called "handshake ageement"?

I have been patient, actually supporting the notion that the Negotiating Committee need not report every tidbit that got pushed across the table by either side during the process.

But enough is enough.

When the IBT asked for a "strike authorization", we deserved to know the sticking points then....instead we gave them blind, carte blanche power to strike.

I can think of no disadvantage to supplemental committees to have the "agreement" revealed?
Actually, it could be an advantage and an opportunity for supplemental committes to preview sentiment from the membership, so they could address perceived shortcomings in the Master in their various supplements?

I’ve asked this very question several times on this forum

As of now,no response

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

But enough is enough.

I’ve asked this very question several times on this forum

As of now,no response

The fix is in. No matter how I slice it, I always get back to this idea.

542thruNthru

tenor-7.gif

clean hairy

I believe one thing posted was increase in Pension.
Increase for those who retire in the new contract, or more going into the Pension Fund?
Simple stuff like that would be good to know....
My feeling is if you have a wonderful strong contract, you are eager to share the great information to prepare for a YES vote.
On the other hand, if you have a weak contract to present, then you wait to show details, while trying to figure out how to sell it to get a yes vote

But enough is enough.

1) Get the info out when the locals are done...
2) Then get a Tentative agreement out
3) Then a vote a week after its out (week before August 1)
4) This is so the vote no movement won’t have enough time to react

Inthegame

Well if there Is there a list of the National Negotiating Committee... I think union members should know who is on it...for voting reasons of course....if this contract is ends up sucking after all is said and done.
2old2read...first time in a Limo?

Every National, Supplement and Rider Negotiating Committee members are listed in the respective contracts. For voting reasons of course...

Folks needs to calm down. Every word of every contract will be presented to every member to review before they forget to take the monumental effort of voting.

For the 30% interested enough, most locals will have informational meetings to explain details not fully distorted on social media.

Ghost in the Darkness

Its pretty easy to read between the lines. The ones who wanted to play hard ball were kicked out of negotiations. Now we are getting very little information and eventually will have little time to look it over and vote. Its bad, they are playing us again. The strike vote was to get us to feel like they had our backs. Now they have completely taken strike off the table because in their minds its close enough not to strike. We pay our dues so they can represent the company. We are the ones who have to work under this contract. Vote NO as many times as it takes with whatever crap they send our way. Their track record of bad contracts is really all the proof we need at this point since they won't keep us informed.