Why do Working Feebs Love Sports (Fedex Related)?

Meat

A few years back, my state was debating if they should subsidize an NFL stadium.

Many employees at my station were angered by the fact that the majority of the state’s populace opposed the bill that would approve the construction. Naturally, I was baffled by this, as half of the state can’t afford to contribute to retirement vehicles (ironically, this included seventy-five percent of the people at my station).

A lot of people wound up hating me for merely pointed out that their lives were not going to be any better, regardless if their NFL team won on Sunday or not.

I also mentioned that allegiance to a sports franchise is irrational. Ultimately, who cares if someday can move a ball 10 yards? Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of players don’t play for the teams where they are born; it’s not like you’re cheering on a cities native son.

In the end, I politely pointed out that people, starting in high school, are conditioned to care about such things because the “powers that be” want to cultivate blind allegiance to power structures.

Of course, instead of being hailed as a hero of the working classes, the mongoloids trashed me. Why is that? Why do you feebs give your hard earned cash to the NFL when most of you will NEVER be able to retire?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5C329E86-3761-4683-93BD-84F84DB6F772.gif
A few years back, my state was debating if they should subsidize an NFL stadium.

Many employees at my station were angered by the fact that the majority of the state’s populace opposed the bill that would approve the construction. Naturally, I was baffled by this, as half of the state can’t afford to contribute to retirement vehicles (ironically, this included seventy-five percent of the people at my station).

A lot of people wound up hating me for merely pointed out that their lives were not going to be any better, regardless if their NFL team won on Sunday or not.

I also mentioned that allegiance to a sports franchise is irrational. Ultimately, who cares if someday can move a ball 10 yards? Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of players don’t play for the teams where they are born; it’s not like you’re cheering on a cities native son.

In the end, I politely pointed out that people, starting in high school, are conditioned to care about such things because the “powers that be” want to cultivate blind allegiance to power structures.

Of course, instead of being hailed as a hero the working classes, the mongoloids trashed me. Why is that? Why do you feebs give your hard earned cash to the NFL when most of you will NEVER be able to retire?

bacha29

Are you referring to the people who couldn’t afford to pay their mortgage, and still supported a tax increase that bolstered a billionaire’s net-worth? If so, I agree.
Keep in mind that Fat Freddy is a minority owner of the Washington Redskins while Donald Trump was a leading backer of the failed USFL and tried to buy the Buffalo Bills three years ago but was rejected by the NFL owners.

MAKAVELI

Of course, instead of being hailed as a hero of the working classes, the mongoloids trashed me. Why is that? Why do you feebs give your hard earned cash to the NFL when most of you will NEVER be able to retire?
This is not a new phenomenon. Think about the Roman Empire and gladiators.

zeev

Great points give the masses cake and circus

A few years back, my state was debating if they should subsidize an NFL stadium

eat

Meat

back to wasting your time here again eh?

Lucky for you Mucky (and everyone else on this board in search of enlightenment), I may be considering making a few more posts.

Pertaining to this particular issue, thank goodness the stadium was never built, despite the support of the denizens of the purple prison.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Meh, I don't have time for sports betting...I rather be doing than be a spectator.

off to rotate the tires on that BUDGET rental & to maintain my rental property!

CJinx

Some people like football. I'm sure that there are plenty of things you like to watch or do that other people wouldn't. Personally, I am more of a hockey fan. I don't watch because the outcome may change my life in any measurable way, I watch because it entertains me.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Shrugs, I guess it's something those drivers in my terminal have a solidarity with to detract from the fact that we earn half of what a UPS driver makes with little or no bennies

Holy cow, brownies get close to 2 months paid vacation?!? That's like having the whole summer off...

are-you-not-entertained-gif-1.gif

I watch funny YouTube videos with my youngest son at night before bedtime

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Some people enjoy things that you don't like.

Darn, the secret is out. The entire organized sports world exists for the sole purpose of developing blind allegiance to power structures. That would explain Browns fans.

Of course, instead of being hailed as a hero of the working classes, the mongoloids trashed me. Why is that?

I think the answer is obvious.

Why do you feebs give your hard earned cash to the NFL when most of you will NEVER be able to retire?

We have unable to do otherwise because the powers that be cultivated our blind allegiance to power structures.

59 Dano

Keep in mind that Fat Freddy is a minority owner of the Washington Redskins while Donald Trump was a leading backer of the failed USFL and tried to buy the Buffalo Bills three years ago but was rejected by the NFL owners.

No, he was outbid.

59 Dano

Having a cabinet position in the Trump administration is like making the wine and burying the dead, everybody has to take a turn. Since you're leaving X now might be a good time for you to do your tour of duty.

What does that have to do with... anything?

bacha29

What does that have to do with... anything?
I thought that maybe your going through post employment depression and so I just thought I would show you the way to a better and brighter tomorrow. You know me always doing what's in the best interest of our nation.

59 Dano

I thought that maybe your going through post employment depression

When I'm employed???????

and so I just thought I would show you the way to a better and brighter tomorrow. You know me always doing what's in the best interest of our nation.

You said you thought. I wouldn't tell anyone that if I were you.