Why do Yard Drivers give you that piercing gaze?

Lbound2

I've gotta get this off of my chest lol. Every driver just stands there like they're about to whoop my ass when it's about 90% done. There's absolutely nothing I can do in my power to speed up the flow or alter the rules of space, and time. I kind of find it hilarious that every driver seems to take up this habit. Why the hell do you guys do this? I just kind of end up leaving that specific truck, and tending to my other ones.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

Spanky250

I've gotta get this off of my chest lol. Every driver just stands there like they're about to whoop my ass when it's about 90% done. There's absolutely nothing I can do in my power to speed up the flow or alter the rules of space, and time. I kind of find it hilarious that every driver seems to take up this habit. Why the hell do you guys do this? I just kind of end up leaving that specific truck, and tending to my other ones.

Because everything is your fault. I'm going to start blaming you for everything that goes wrong at my center also.

The Driver

I drive.
The world revolves around them.

over9five

Staff member
I've gotta get this off of my chest lol. Every driver just stands there like they're about to whoop my ass when it's about 90% done.
It's because your dumb-ass sup has called the trailer off as done. Now he's standing there wasting time when other trailers (That really ARE done) are waiting to be pulled.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you are talking about package car drivers then it’s because they are runners and gunners and they typically are very antsy and wanting to get out of the building ASAP.

if you were talking about feeder drivers then it could be something similar. Except that they want to start on time/early and coast to their next hub/center.

Some feeder drivers are only in a hurry because they want to be able to jump on the interstate in time to be able to join CB traffic with other feeder drivers. Sounds silly but it’s true.

We had a guy like that years ago. Every night he’d start getting antsy and would bark orders at anyone on the local sort that he thought wasn’t moving fast enough. He was so scared he was not gonna be able to get out of there on time. It took a couple of years but a couple of us that had to jump on the interstate to get home started noticing him sitting on the side of the on-ramp. We asked around about why he would do that if he was rushing to get out of there and we were told it was because he At the time his entrance on the interstate just right to be able to chat with certain feeder drivers. LOL

Zowert

I think he’s talking about car washers or the dudes that move trucks around at the end of the day..? Not sure. Anyway, I feel that tension between RPCD/22.4 drivers and the guys moving vehicles, trailers, etc around the yard.

I think it has to do with one side just starting their shift and the other coming back in from a long day. When you just spent 10+ hours out on road, carrying heavy ass boxes up stairs and dealing with unpredictable motorists you just want to get back to center, park your truck and go home. Anyone that gets in your way is the enemy. Really though, we are all on the same team. It is what it is.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Bro, don’t be stiff, pull up to the guy in charge of parking and communicate with him. “Hey man I’m bay 58 but I need gas and a wash. Where do you want it?”
They are grouchy ups workers just like we are, extend the olive branch and help them out. Before you know it somebody will be waiting for you at the gate to say “get outta here man I’ll take it from here.”
Of course a 10 dollar tip for a hard worker goes a long way too. We’re all brothers here

Indecisi0n

If you are talking about package car drivers then it’s because they are runners and gunners and they typically are very antsy and wanting to get out of the building ASAP.

if you were talking about feeder drivers then it could be something similar. Except that they want to start on time/early and coast to their next hub/center.

Some feeder drivers are only in a hurry because they want to be able to jump on the interstate in time to be able to join CB traffic with other feeder drivers. Sounds silly but it’s true.

We had a guy like that years ago. Every night he’d start getting antsy and would bark orders at anyone on the local sort that he thought wasn’t moving fast enough. He was so scared he was not gonna be able to get out of there on time. It took a couple of years but a couple of us that had to jump on the interstate to get home started noticing him sitting on the side of the on-ramp. We asked around about why he would do that if he was rushing to get out of there and we were told it was because he At the time his entrance on the interstate just right to be able to chat with certain feeder drivers. LOL
What’s your CB handle ?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It's because your dumb-ass sup has called the trailer off as done. Now he's standing there wasting time when other trailers (That really ARE done) are waiting to be pulled.
It’s standard procedure here to call for a replacement before you need it. If you call for a pull and replace as you are sealing it up, it’s going to be at least 20 minutes before it is pulled off the door and the come back is put on. That’s 20 minutes of backed up volume stacking up with nowhere to go. Gotta know how to play the game.