Why does everyone here hate their job?

If you think FedEx is such a crappy company, why don't you leave? If you think you deserve more than you're getting, why don't you leave? Get a job somewhere where you think you're valued like you're supposed to be and get the benefits you want. I joined this board because I got a job at FedEx and thought there would be discussion about the jobs we all do. Instead every post is bitching about one thing or the next.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey bub! This is America...we bitch 'cuz it's fun, not because life is bad or something. And when you've wasted (I mean invested) half your adult life in a dead end job with no real marketable skills for another company, things can look pretty bad.

Upsmule

"It just seems so useless to have to work so hard and nothing ever really seems to come from it." ~ Tom Petty

thedownhillEXPRESS

If you think FedEx is such a crappy company, why don't you leave? If you think you deserve more than you're getting, why don't you leave? Get a job somewhere where you think you're valued like you're supposed to be and get the benefits you want. I joined this board because I got a job at FedEx and thought there would be discussion about the jobs we all do. Instead every post is bitching about one thing or the next.

The majority of us on here joined because we were seeking answers to what was happening to our jobs.
We are being systematically downsized and lied to our faces about it.
If you joined looking for thoughtful discussion of our jobs, well this is it, not some flowers and unicorns jumping over fedex rainbows while pooping out the purple promise.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
sorry to disappoint, runningman, but 'downhill' summed it up perfectly. If you want to read some candy-coated crap, there's some fairyland board called iamfedex.com for that. Pour yourself a tall cold glass of Kool-Aid, get out your pom-poms, sit back and read nothing but how great FedEx is to your heart's content. You'll love it.

fedupped

Sounds like a fairly new mgr. The older mgrs, who didnt take the buyout, know how much the company has changed. Work hard runningman and at the end of a 30 year career you will have around 100,000 dollars to see you thru..death.. with the portable pension. Dont get hurt too seriously or you will be putting 4000 on a credit card for your deductible. Plan on having kids?...ouch..start saving unless your gonna home birth.. Oh, you will never top out. Never. Or maybe you will, given that Fred might not be giving any raises every other year. And as you see every benefit being cut, take heart that upper mgmt is cashing in on stock options yearly. At times, as much as you will make in a lifetime.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

GetAJob - YouTube

Goldilocks

Well runningman, get to running....When you have walked in our shoes for 25 plus years then you should question.....Why we feel how we feel. I bled purple for a very very long time until I saw it for myself in October....You dont have a clue....

Ricochet1a

Actually, your newest poster (runningman) should serve as a reminder of how Express will continue to operate with the slow exodus of the experienced Courier. There will ALWAYS be those who think they are getting a great deal, that those who complain are just trouble makers and they won't be abused by any 'system' - but they will 'rise above'. Sigh....

Such is the delusion of youth, inexperience and ignorance. Many, many years ago, when I was young (and stupid), I thought the same way in regards to who I worked for. It took years to learn how the system (everyplace has a 'system', Express' is just REALLY bad) really works - and that the system is made for the benefit of a few people. To get into a position where I wasn't being screwed, I had to work SMART and not hard (and also realize what was propaganda and what was 'truth' out of my employer at the time).

People like this will serve Fred's needs, till they too begin to learn how they are being taken advantage of, and begin to question how things are done. When they finally have their head removed from their posterior, they will recognize the only solution to Express is to leave, then Fred will find yet another replacement and the process will start all over again.

(Four years from now...)

Runningman2: Why are you guys complaining so much?? I came on here to discuss my wonderful job with Express and how to get ahead and improve myself.

The cycle never ends.

Goldilocks

Actually, your newest poster (runningman) should serve as a reminder of how Express will continue to operate with the slow exodus of the experienced Courier. There will ALWAYS be those who think they are getting a great deal, that those who complain are just trouble makers and they won't be abused by any 'system' - but they will 'rise above'. Sigh....

Such is the delusion of youth, inexperience and ignorance. Many, many years ago, when I was young (and stupid), I thought the same way in regards to who I worked for. It took years to learn how the system (everyplace has a 'system', Express' is just REALLY bad) really works - and that the system is made for the benefit of a few people. To get into a position where I wasn't being screwed, I had to work SMART and not hard (and also realize what was propaganda and what was 'truth' out of my employer at the time).

People like this will serve Fred's needs, till they too begin to learn how they are being taken advantage of, and begin to question how things are done. When they finally have their head removed from their posterior, they will recognize the only solution to Express is to leave, then Fred will find yet another replacement and the process will start all over again.

(Four years from now...)

Runningman2: Why are you guys complaining so much?? I came on here to discuss my wonderful job with Express and how to get ahead and improve myself.

The cycle never ends.

We have been used, and now more than ever, because they cant count on the new hires. WTH is going to happen when all of us leave? These new hires dont even know how to read a map....What happens when DRA FAILS...

Goldilocks

That's it. The cycle isn't supposed to end.

It will end....It will all be over except for you BB, you will still be able to sit in your nice breakroom and watch your Big Screen TV...Do you get it, you are being used too....We were given so much, like you guys are now, then it dried up. Do you see your future? Open your eyes BB....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Do you drink the Kool-Aid, snort it, or smoke it? I recommend an immediate 12-Step WAD Program for you. You are welcome.

bbsam

Staff member
It will end....It will all be over except for you BB, you will still be able to sit in your nice breakroom and watch your Big Screen TV...Do you get it, you are being used too....We were given so much, like you guys are now, then it dried up. Do you see your future? Open your eyes BB....

Years, Goldi. Years.