Why does it always come down to a grievance?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Because management always pushes as far as they can. They get away with it a lot, so why not? Look at all the work part time sups are doing for example.

Funtimes

Pt sups ft sups we have both working covering routes.

Always hear how they are working on hiring get approval and what not.
Blah blah blah

All I can think they must get a great bonus for them working idk

Funtimes

Many of our issues here are resolved without putting pen to paper; however, there are times when a grievance is needed, primarily to set the ground work for future similar instances.

The problem here we are a small center tied with a bigger center and no one ever files a grievance so I think they walk all over us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They want to hire pt tcd drivers but we on the verge of 10 routes I don't think they want it because then we could have 2 people on vacation at the same time and they would need 2 ft cover drivers

Do you have a preload or is it driver load? If you do have a preload, are there any loaders who have expressed interest in driving?

10 whole routes, huh? And people give me a hard time about my 30 route center.

Appvol

Because UPS would rather pay a grievance.Think about how many don't file a grievance.You said it yourself. Your a small center and no one files.My center runs 30 to 35 routes in the week.We file all the time. Last year when they settled the grievances the center paid out almost $50,000 and that was for just a couple of months worth.

Funtimes

Half of us just filed for all the work for last month that supervisors worked. Have to see how this shakes out.
.I guess they will fix the problem or we just keep grievance going.