Why does UPS hire people back?

PT Crazy

Why does UPS hire people back other than seasonal helpers and drivers. What a waste of time! These people work for awhile. When they don't get a day off that they want they quit. Then Boo HOO I want my job back. They are not happy that they have little or no seniority because they quit. Boo Hoo. They just hired some lady back that has quit 3 times! I give her til mid December then she will need a day off or something.

dudebro

I used to hire a kid every summer for 3 summers. He was a good loader, but didn't want to do the job and college at the same time. I was glad to see him after Memorial Day...

PT Crazy

Well, I guess it would be nice if they rehired people that would actually do their job. Maybe they need new recruiters in HR.

snarts

Most people don't have the mental toughness for this job. Out of the 10 people that I attended orientation with only me and 2 others remain. In around the 6 months I've been working here I have seen close to 20 people on my boxline alone either quit or get fired. My supervisor must have the feeling of striking gold whenever he gets a decent preloader on his boxline.

PT Car Washer

I have only seen this happen a few times but the people they hire back are already trained and up to speed. Lose all seniority and raises and benefits. In other words, the perfect employee.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
If you left ups, and then came back, you belong with that special group of idiots that divorce a spouse, and later remarry the same.

DOK

Why does UPS hire people back other than seasonal helpers and drivers. What a waste of time! These people work for awhile. When they don't get a day off that they want they quit. Then Boo HOO I want my job back. They are not happy that they have little or no seniority because they quit. Boo Hoo. They just hired some lady back that has quit 3 times! I give her til mid December then she will need a day off or something.
$8 hour causes this. It's a $15 per hour job.

I
If you left ups, and then came back, you belong with that special group of idiots that divorce a spouse, and later remarry the same.
don't disagree with the spouse part, but about the pay, you have to add in the benefits. After a few years, with raises, 2 weeks vacation, 401k, option days, only working 3 1/2 to 5 hrs a day, plenty of time to pursue hobbies or take care of your kids, weekends off, it's a good job. But if I win the powerball, I wouldn't show up Monday!

I

don't disagree with the spouse part, but about the pay, you have to add in the benefits. After a few years, with raises, 2 weeks vacation, 401k, option days, only working 3 1/2 to 5 hrs a day, plenty of time to pursue hobbies or take care of your kids, weekends off, it's a good job. But if I win the powerball, I wouldn't show up Monday!
Forgot to add, when I worked full time for $15 an hour and they took out for benefits, I brought home only slightly more than I do now. and I had to pack a lunch. And the health benefits were just so so. Our are pretty awesome, except for eyeglasses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I

I would go to work, take the car on road, park it at Walmart, lock it up, call them later on that day.