• I blame Obama

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dave is now a moderator

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Over the past few weeks some other members have messaged me that 1. the community is being ruined by a "mob mentality" 2. the newbie hazing is chasing off new members and will eventually kill off the community 3. necroposting that adds nothing to the topics is making the bc a waste of their time.

It is what it is. I enjoy the fun and frivolity of nothingless fluff but when that type of behavior starts to be purposely used to dilute content of threads where people are trying to have reasonable conversations then it becomes a distraction rather than the fun and games I believe that the participants want it to be.

I locked the thread to get the point across that bullying newbies, necroposting and derailing threads by tagging members is disruptive to the rest of the community.

Oh and by the way someone made me aware, after the fact, that a few members had gone on strike against me. Last night when I was deleting posts from the latest 2005 thread that was being trashed http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/10-5-days.1276/ I came across a post by @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U that only said the word strike. Here's a screenshot. Since this was something that seemed like a good idea to some members I thought maybe it was my turn to go on strike.

strike.png

Over the past few weeks some other members have messaged me that 1. the community is being ruined by a "mob mentality" 2. the newbie hazing is chasing off new members and will eventually kill off the community 3. necroposting that adds nothing to the topics is making the bc a waste of their time.

It is what it is. I enjoy the fun and frivolity of nothingless fluff but when that type of behavior starts to be purposely used to dilute content of threads where people are trying to have reasonable conversations then it becomes a distraction rather than the fun and games I believe that the participants want it to be.

I locked the thread to get the point across that bullying newbies, necroposting and derailing threads by tagging members is disruptive to the rest of the community.

Oh and by the way someone made me aware, after the fact, that a few members had gone on strike against me. Last night when I was deleting posts from the latest 2005 thread that was being trashed http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/10-5-days.1276/ I came across a post by @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U that only said the word strike. Here's a screenshot. Since this was something that seemed like a good idea to some members I thought maybe it was my turn to go on strike.

View attachment 77491
But there personal attacks are acceptable.

Got it ,thank you

Have a pleasant day.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
But there personal attacks are acceptable.

Got it ,thank you

Have a pleasant day.
Most days I only read the reported posts because I have other things to do to maintain the site. Every personal attack that gets reported gets deleted. If something is not reported it's almost guaranteed I have not seen it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

View attachment 77491

Cheryl, I suppose I saw the writing on the wall a while back, and it its your forum with your rules.

My only real complaint is that there does seem to be a double standard. My silly little On Topic thread was merged into Fluff, apparently after an old and respected member accused me of being upset and starting it as a reaction to a thread started by another old and respected member.

The problem is, I started it months earlier.

Oh, well, I guess there will always be collateral damage.

Overpaid Union Thug

Cheryl, I suppose I saw the writing on the wall a while back, and it its your forum with your rules.

My only real complaint is that there does seem to be a double standard. My silly little On Topic thread was merged into Fluff, apparently after an old and respected member accused me of being upset and starting it as a reaction to a thread started by another old and respected member.

The problem is, I started it months earlier.

Oh, well, I guess there will always be collateral damage.
I think most of us don't have a problem with adding humor to a thread. Even it is off topic humor. But it was being taken too far. The so called "fluffing" wasn't my thing so I just chose to keep out of those threads. But one of the problems was that it was diluting other threads. Sober was 100% accurate in his rant thread.

The other problem was when the main culprits started doing it even more out of spite and wanted to argue about it instead of correcting their mistakes like men. Instead they opted for the spiteful tweenager behavior by agging it on, arguing with those that said anything, and making smart asses comments and tagging Sober.

And the necroposing........ now that's just lame.

I think most of us don't have a problem with adding humor to a thread. Even it is off topic humor. But it was being taken to far. The so called "fluffing" wasn't my thing so I just chose to keep out of those threads. But one of the problems was that it was going way to far and was diluting other threads. Sober was 100% accurate in his rant thread.

The other problem was when the main culprits started doing it even more out of spite and wanted to argue about it instead of correcting their mistakes like men. Instead they opted for the spiteful tweenager behavior by agging it on, arguing with those that said anything, and making smart asses comments and tagging Sober.

And you had no problem dishing it back out. As a matter of fact you kept instigating.

Have a nice day. Little arrow.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think most of us don't have a problem with adding humor to a thread. Even it is off topic humor. But it was being taken to far. The so called "fluffing" wasn't my thing so I just chose to keep out of those threads. But one of the problems was that it was diluting other threads. Sober was 100% accurate in his rant thread.

Why can't you just leave it alone? The horse has been dead for awhile.