Why No Climate Control?

SIEGFRIED

I just got a crate of Baby Wipes from Wal*Mart dot com and it arrived with the box wet and destroyed, and the wipes all frozen solid! After a day of thawing and moping up water, I tried to use the wipes on my baby, and they came out of the pack all in shreds. Likely from formerly being blocks of ice.

Doesn't UPS have climate control? Seems a lot of items will be ruined like this. Electronics and what not...

Now I have to repack them, mail them back, and wait a month for a new order. I live in the high desert. 0 degree winters. 100 degree summers. Are there only a few select locations that have reasonable UPS delivery? Or do you have to make sure you only order like...paper or clothes?

Seems like it would be easier to just use heating and AC...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I live in the high desert. 0 degree winters. 100 degree summers. Are there only a few select locations that have reasonable UPS delivery? Or do you have to make sure you only order like...paper or clothes?Seems like it would be easier to just use heating and AC...
You're that guy who also orders chocolates in August and has them sent to Phoenix aren't you?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just got a crate of Baby Wipes from Wal*Mart dot com and it arrived with the box wet and destroyed, and the wipes all frozen solid! After a day of thawing and moping up water, I tried to use the wipes on my baby, and they came out of the pack all in shreds. Likely from formerly being blocks of ice.

Doesn't UPS have climate control? Seems a lot of items will be ruined like this. Electronics and what not...

Now I have to repack them, mail them back, and wait a month for a new order. I live in the high desert. 0 degree winters. 100 degree summers. Are there only a few select locations that have reasonable UPS delivery? Or do you have to make sure you only order like...paper or clothes?

You don't live near a store?? Hmmmm...UPS barely supplies it's employees with heat...now they should heat the trailers so the packages stay warm??

scooby0048

No. But I did not realize that packages had no sort of protection from the elements. Just seems to make UPS worthless as a parcel delivery vendor....
You must be new to the planet, welcome! Tell me your car trunk keep things warm or cold when they are needed? This ain't Dominos, we don't carry around thermal bags just to make sure your kids wipey wipes are warm.

SIEGFRIED

No doubt. I have heard bad things about FedEx. Like 100% of the employees are contractors, etc.

This is just the first time this has ever happened. I never knew there was no climate control. Say, for example, when you buy stuff online, it should say "Danger, having items mailed to your house may cause damage due to heat or cold."

It was just wipes. But the point is, thank God I didn't order a $2,500 laptop that would likely be destroyed now...

scooby0048

I just got a crate of Baby Wipes from Wal*Mart dot com and it arrived with the box wet and destroyed, and the wipes all frozen solid!
That also sounds like something you should be taking up with Walmart as well...

SIEGFRIED

You don't live near a store?? Hmmmm...UPS barely supplies it's employees with heat...now they should heat the trailers so the packages stay warm??
No. I do not live near anything . :( That is why my rent is cheap.

I guess I am just ignorant. I have had things shipped for years, and never had any climate-related issues. Just surprised. I had no idea shipping parcels was this dangerous.

Like...has it always been this way? Or is it new? Like the whole thing where UPS doesn't hand-deliver items and require a signature like they used to? Now they just throw it on your steps and run away as fast as they can. When did that change, BTW?

Is the no heating or AC a new thing? Or has it always been that way and I got lucky all these years?

scooby0048

It was just wipes. But the point is, thank God I didn't order a $2,500 laptop that would likely be destroyed now...
A. the laptop was way overpriced anyways
B. It would not have been destroyed but we would probably have stolen it, misdelivered it, failed to deliver it on time but it would NOT have been destroyed!
C. You really need to venture out in the real world more often if you think you are the only with problems