Why only 4 hours holiday pay?

A.Spooner

I just looked at my time card for this week and I only received 4 hours holiday pay for yesterday and I wanted to see if someone could help explain why. I am currently qualifying as a driver. I worked Tuesday through Friday last week and then drove air on Saturday. I called in today and they didn't need me. I don't think this matters but I believe I have 8 days left in my qualification period. I also have a year and a half in on the preload. Is this correct in getting paid for 4 hours or should it be 8? Thanks for the help.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It also probably depends on your local, but I know at some point that changes. I am also a part-time driver, but I now receive 8 hours of driving pay for holidays and vacations.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I just looked at my time card for this week and I only received 4 hours holiday pay for yesterday and I wanted to see if someone could help explain why. I am currently qualifying as a driver. I worked Tuesday through Friday last week and then drove air on Saturday. I called in today and they didn't need me. I don't think this matters but I believe I have 8 days left in my qualification period. I also have a year and a half in on the preload. Is this correct in getting paid for 4 hours or should it be 8? Thanks for the help.
giphy (13).gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It also probably depends on your local, but I know at some point that changes. I am also a part-time driver, but I now receive 8 hours of driving pay for holidays and vacations.

One of our PTCD's asked me to clarify his vacation check. He hadn't worked the preload for quite some time and expected to receive 45 hours but only received 20. Turns out he is still classified as a PTer.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
One of our PTCD's asked me to clarify his vacation check. He hadn't worked the preload for quite some time and expected to receive 45 hours but only received 20. Turns out he is still classified as a PTer.
All my checks still state a "Current Pay Rate" at the top as my belt rate, but starting last year I've gotten 8 hours driving rate for days off and 45 for vacations.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
In my local, they go by the average hours worked from the previous month. If I take a sick day right now as a PTer, i get 4 hours for that day. However, since I drove all throughout December, any sick days I took in January were paid at 8 hours per day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are part time.