Why so much whining

willister

I'm a loader and a college student and work a second job for summer. I've been loading for a year. I peak at 650 hourly pph and 550 sustained pph throughout a night, provided we're flowing consistently. I've ranked in the top ten in my hub for weekly misload frequency/packages scanned at least 15 times this year and got rank one this week. I'm 0 for 30,000+ for the past five weeks and recently got a 100% load quality audit. I'm also asthmatic and it took me around a month and a half to build up the stamina to get 300 pph when i started (not a 'natural athlete', didn't play sports in high school), I'm majoring in physics (i'm a badass nerd), and I binge drink every weekend and occasionally take up offers for free drugs ^_^ (do not live in a cave).

I don't get what's up with all the bitching in these forums. Like, seriously. I like loading. It's fun and a competitive outlet. Why does it seem like everyone on this website (99% of which are union employees?) use it as a means of expressing their proletarian woes and managerial exploitations? The amount of constructive, positive, or even interesting material contained in these forums is lower than the daily calorie intake of an impoverished African child.

So like, is this website for drivers who have taken UPS as a career path, have done the same thing for five trillion years and come home every night to complain on these forums? ffs, what do you expect out of a job that pays $70,000-$90,000 a year - the average salary for a physics major after obtaining a bachelors - that requires no substantial education whatsoever? Help me out here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You are perfect and we are mere mortals. I bow to your astonishing prowess. No one has ever been as good as you. You are awesome. Please.

dillweed

I'm ashamed of myself now. Guess I'm just sort of a lazy, low life whiner. I'm very proud for you, however, and hope your self-esteem continues to grow at the rate it has been.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm a loader and a college student and work a second job for summer. I've been loading for a year. I peak at 650 hourly pph and 550 sustained pph throughout a night, provided we're flowing consistently. I've ranked in the top ten in my hub for weekly misload frequency/packages scanned at least 15 times this year and got rank one this week. I'm 0 for 30,000+ for the past five weeks and recently got a 100% load quality audit. I'm also asthmatic and it took me around a month and a half to build up the stamina to get 300 pph when i started (not a 'natural athlete', didn't play sports in high school), I'm majoring in physics (i'm a badass nerd), and I binge drink every weekend and occasionally take up offers for free drugs ^_^ (do not live in a cave).

I don't get what's up with all the bitching in these forums. Like, seriously. I like loading. It's fun and a competitive outlet. Why does it seem like everyone on this website (99% of which are union employees?) use it as a means of expressing their proletarian woes and managerial exploitations? The amount of constructive, positive, or even interesting material contained in these forums is lower than the daily calorie intake of an impoverished African child.

So like, is this website for drivers who have taken UPS as a career path, have done the same thing for five trillion years and come home every night to complain on these forums? ffs, what do you expect out of a job that pays $70,000-$90,000 a year - the average salary for a physics major after obtaining a bachelors - that requires no substantial education whatsoever? Help me out here.

[video=youtube;r71xajhDFUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71xajhDFUo&feature=related[/video]

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And P.S. ...to the OP who will likely never return...

I was an A.S. major and having done the physics, calc I/II, diff equations, etc etc...your entry-level career options won't range much over 40k/year unless you are very lucky. I know lots of new grads with B.S. in related fields making under 30k, actually.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Proletarian woes and managerial exploitations? K-mart, is that you?

Kid, you are right, there is a lot of whining on this forum, some of it justified, most of it not. We are paid quite well for a job which requires little more than a HS diploma with industry-leading benefits and pensions.

There is nothing in your post that I can disagree with.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
1) Don't feed the troll !

2) If this "person" was loading cars for 11 hours and micromanaged with every detail and treated like a Grand Canyon mule and harassed for every decision he makes in his long 11 hour day "he/she" may have a different view of driver venting.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Thankfully there is only one of me.

There is a sense of entitlement among union members that we deserve as much as we can get for as little as we can get away with.

Are you kidding me !!!!

It takes an arrogant pompous ass to think he's better than every driver in the company ! 99% of the drivers are sick of the harrassment, which has NOTHING to do with what they can get away with. The company has weeded out the lazy and weak drivers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
1) Don't feed the troll !

2) If this "person" was loading cars for 11 hours and micromanaged with every detail and treated like a Grand Canyon mule and harassed for every decision he makes in his long 11 hour day "he/she" may have a different view of driver venting.
Oh, to be 18 years old again like the OP. I don't think it is trolling, just naive and sheltered. Trolling seems disingenuous , I really think the OP was being honest.