Why we work, just a short video.

kingOFchester

An acquaintance of mine made this video of his family vacation. Reminds me why we work so hard, or at the least why I work.
As polished as it is, it is not a commercial. He is a professional videographer.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Thank you for posting that King. It both brought chills/goosebumps to my legs and tears to my eyes. A very beautiful video.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
​Home all alone? Lucky dog!

LOL I was just thinking the same thing. I haven't unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher I ran yesterday just because I don't feel like it and she's not around to give me crap about it. Also haven't made the bed all week and have been just sitting on my butt watching movies every night with the dogs. I like the bachelor feeling a little but I miss the kids.

djkre8r

My family is on vacation without me right now because I don't have enough seniority to get a summer vacation.

1. Make the most of the times you get with your family! BUT, enjoy your time by yourself. I'm in your shoes too and when they go on vacation - my goal is to get a better tan that week than they do. I work preload (and cover drive) and after work I get in my kayak and go fishing EVERY DAY!

2. I figured out a way around not getting a vacation with my family. It is called OPTION DAYS! Save your days! This summer I said, "I will be taking some of my option days next week Mon-Wed". We left for a mini vacation on Sat-Wed. Sure was nice.

HomeDelivery

yes, be glad that team brown can pay you almost 2x the amount that team purple gives to their couriers and non-employee drivers (vendors)... awesome how you guys have paid vacation, sick days, option days, etc as well!

​i'm off to work a 10.5 hour day for peanuts!

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
My X wife is there with her new boyfriend and then they are comming home to my house.They got there in my car and I get the credit card bill!
Divorce is expensive but well worth it...........................

HomeDelivery

Paid sick day's? HD you are really funny

yea yea yea.... what i was getting at is that you have paid time off... we have "leave without pay"

also, i did started at the warehouse level at brown, but after inquiring about becoming a driver, it was a 6-10 year waiting list, so i opted out & went to don the purple uniform instead...

the only good thing that ups package handling did for me over the summer was got me in shape for a 150-mile bicycling event in the fall

--------------------------------------------------------

on a side note, would they allow the temp full peak drivers to have GPS units on the windshield? if so, i may consider putting on browns this peak season...