Why were we instructed to sheet missed packages in the Center Board and not our diad?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Re: Why were we instructed to sheet missed packages in the Center Board and not our d

as a center there were over 600 packages brought back last nite,thats more than i can ever remember being missed in one day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Why were we instructed to sheet missed packages in the Center Board and not our d

as a center there were over 600 packages brought back last nite,thats more than i can ever remember being missed in one day

Lucky you ... I can remember 2 trailers loaded with missed back in the 80s ... took a week of peak-like days to catch up. And there were another 5 trailers waiting to be unloaded.

The good ole days!

brown bomber

brown bomber

it doesn't really matter what board you use to sheet them up, they're still ending up on "The Reports"

the idea behind using a single DIAD and the center's address is to get a good idea of how bad of a day the center really had, and also to more quickly make plans for the next day

Edit:
not EVERY instruction you receive has a maligned purpose :wink2:
maligned, misaligned, deceptive,unscrupulous, deceitful, inept or whatever you refer to it as, bottom line it's WRONG....this is not the UNITED PARCEL SERVICE that I started to work for in 1977

Catatonic

Nine Lives

maligned, misaligned, deceptive,unscrupulous, deceitful, inept or whatever you refer to it as, bottom line it's WRONG....this is not the UNITED PARCEL SERVICE that I started to work for in 1977

No Spit Leroy:grouphugg:

FEGuy

What an inane thread. Packages get missed...EVERY DAY. These were recorded in the system. End of story. I don't know how you have time to even post on this board between looking for Oswald's accomplices and little grey bodies outside of Roswell.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

What an inane thread. Packages get missed...EVERY DAY. These were recorded in the system. End of story. I don't know how you have time to even post on this board between looking for Oswald's accomplices and little grey bodies outside of Roswell.

Brown Bomber is retired, so he is like a feeder driver in that he has a lot of hours to sit around and think things up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I can remember personally bringing over 150 missed stops back at 11:30 one night during an exceptionally bad peak day back in the late 80's. And that wasnt counting the additional 100 or so that I had left in a pile in a garage out on the route. It was several days after Christmas before I was finally able to get those delivered. That was what UPS was like before the advent of the DIAD and package-level-detail. All that mattered was getting the packages out of the building so that the DM could gaze down onto a "clean" belt from high upstairs in his office.

brown bomber

brown bomber

it's all smoke and mirrors.........abracadabra....poof !! the packages disappear on the designated delivery date.......only to reappear on the next day.......it's magic, don't question the wizard

the packages...have disappeared .....only to reappear the next day

brown bomber

brown bomber

sorry if I offended you, yes I am retired....hopefully some day in the future you too, can reap the same reward.......I just made an observation based on over 30 yrs. w/ UPS.....bottom line customer service has suffered......management has their hands tied by Corporate......in turn Corporate has to answer to the owners of said Company (stockholders)...and , YES, I am a stockholder, therefore an owner......so I feel free to question anything and everything regarding this Company

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

he is like a feeder driver in that he has a lot of hours to sit around and think things up.

LOL

having the feeder office right next door to me, that is incredibly accurate..

brown bomber

brown bomber

LOL

having the feeder office right next door to me, that is incredibly accurate..
however, I was never a feeder driver.....I wish I could have returned to work as one...and extended my career.......however circumstances prevented that

PAX

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Lucky you ... I can remember 2 trailers loaded with missed back in the 80s ... took a week of peak-like days to catch up. And there were another 5 trailers waiting to be unloaded.

The good ole days!

Were these packages missed because of the big snowstorm we had in 1986?
Hoax, i dont remember EVER having missed pieces in the 1980's,and there was no such thing as DOT hours then. i Went FT in 1986,and 1991 was the first peak that didnt have drivers working until 11pm-midnite in my center. one simply did not bring packages back,and if one had very many 'damages', NSN or NSP's one was quickly on managements radar

DS

Fenderbender

After 28yrs, you should know the reason.
Those pkg's will not show up as missed, on the reports to district.
There are many ways to disguise the truth
Top corporate wants to see the results it demands.
I have seen a many a good management person fired for trying to meet those demands.

Me too.Many a bad one too.If the wrong (right?) person finds you falsifying documents,touch up the old resume'
Add ups to the list.

FEGuy

sorry if I offended you, yes I am retired....hopefully some day in the future you too, can reap the same reward.......I just made an observation based on over 30 yrs. w/ UPS.....bottom line customer service has suffered......management has their hands tied by Corporate......in turn Corporate has to answer to the owners of said Company (stockholders)...and , YES, I am a stockholder, therefore an owner......so I feel free to question anything and everything regarding this Company

You didn't offend me in any way, and likewise, I didn't commet on you, merely this thread. I, too am well over 30 years with UPS. And simply, in my experience, all of this speculation seems ridiculous, nothing more or less.
I hope your retirement is LONG and rewarding.