Widower sues UPS, truck driver for negligence in death of wife

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Widower sues UPS, truck driver for negligence in death of wife - Wyoming Tribune Eagle

The husband of a 65-year-old woman killed in a crash west of Cheyenne last year is suing the United Parcel Service and the driver of the truck that killed her.

In a complaint filed Wednesday in federal court, attorneys for James Berrigan argue that the wrongful death of his wife, JoelAnne Berrigan, caused irreparable harm to him and several family members.

The complaint argues that the negligence of the UPS semitrailer combination driver Michael Shedd caused the 65-year-old’s death and asks for “damages far (exceeding) $75,000.”

A spokesman for UPS said in an email Friday afternoon that the company doesn’t comment on pending litigation.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Feeders are paid by the hour. Slowest trucks on the road.
Compare this to the resurgence of fresh-faced contract drivers that are paid by the load, especially logging trucks getting in crashes everywhere. And you are trying to sue the kitten in the lion's den.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Feeders are paid by the hour. Slowest trucks on the road.
Compare this to the resurgence of fresh-faced contract drivers that are paid by the load, especially logging trucks getting in crashes everywhere. And you are trying to sue the kitten in the lion's den.
Sleeper teams are paid mileage. Some of them are hauling ass.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sleeper teams are paid mileage. Some of them are hauling ass.
A few years back we had a sleeper team rear end someone, investigation revealed that they had disabled the automatic braking feature that would have prevented the accident because they didn't like it slowing them down.

twoweeled

This is true. It's a catch-22. Kind of like bonus babies. The faster they go, the earlier they get to go home to their families. I'm not sure what speed they top out at, but the Penske's do have govenors on them.
Yep, they do have governors on them, but they aren't all set to the same speed. there are a couple of faster ones, and the drivers know which ones they are. I've also heard of some drivers screwing with it. Dangerous thing to do for many reasons!