WiFi doorbells

Alamo Joe

How many others here refrain from using them? I’d rather avoid a long conversation about their delivery. “Can you please leave it? I’ll be home soon I’m right around the corner,like 5 minutes away. I shouldn’t have to sign for that” Need I say more?

JustDeliverIt

I leave the package safe somewhere and ring the bell as I'm leaving to avoid the interactions. This way they know I was there but as they come over the doorbell I usually hear them speaking but can't make it out and don't turn around. On to the next stop.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't realize they cost another 10 bucks a month to have all the features. I've got enough 10 -25 -50 buck a month things now -- no thank you.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How many others here refrain from using them? I’d rather avoid a long conversation about their delivery. “Can you please leave it? I’ll be home soon I’m right around the corner,like 5 minutes away. I shouldn’t have to sign for that” Need I say more?

I don't even ring the low voltage old school ones. Sure AF not going to ring the talking ones now. I don't do so well around other humans so I try to minimize any interactions at all.

542thruNthru

Like I've said before.

Pretend you can't hear them. It will drive them crazy because they will assume their door bell isn't working correctly.

I always try and yell out UPS in the middle of them talking. Then shrug your shoulders and fill out the notice and leave.

542thruNthru

I don't even ring the low voltage old school ones. Sure AF not going to ring the talking ones now. I don't do so well around other humans so I try to minimize any interactions at all.

Its sheep.... sheep are the ones you feel comfortable with. You always come out of your shell around a nice looking ewe.

UnionGuy

I don't ring the door bell. A bunch of people put some stupid signs that say don't ring it because their Iguana is sleeping or something. I just drop and knock quick.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I say ignore them and never ring them, always knock. Sooner or later, the homeowner and the manufacturer will be facing lawsuits for posting video without permission of the delivery person.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sooner or later, the homeowner and the manufacturer will be facing lawsuits for posting video without permission of the delivery person.

"Generally speaking, though, when you are in public, it is legal to record someone, video record or audio record, as long as they don’t have what is called, “an expectation of privacy,” or rather a reasonable expectation of privacy. And generally in public, you do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy and so you can record people."

Overpaid Union Thug

There are literally only a few I will touch on my route. I consider them security systems and not doorbells. There’s no need to ring them anyway because most of them are motion activated. Typically when someone tries to talk to me through one I pretend I don’t hear them or that the connection is bad. LOL

Alamo Joe

I love it the next day when they asked me If I rang the bell because they didn’t hear it. I said no but I knock really loud. They usually get bent out of shape and give me a long story about ringing their bell.

barnyard

KTM rider
I've had people start talking to me before I even get to the door. I assume they get alerts when the camera registers motion.
They do.
I usually smile and wave. If I am setting the package down so that my face goes by the camera, I lower my glasses and look into the lens, really close, like an inch or 2 away. When I do see those people in person, they always wave and say something nice. Just like I like.