Wild speculation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well that's your choice. Making a 100,000 a year is hard even with a college degree and the insurance we get is probably more like 120,000 a year. Jobs like this a few and far between unless you want to work your way up a cooperate latter with 30 grand of college debt

I have 26 years in and have never broken $80K.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe they are looking to spend money wildly now, provide outstanding service now but at a financial loss to show cause for backing out of the CS pension guarantee. Once they wiggle out of that, they can take aim at all pensions in next contract.Think of it: bringing in the next generation of hungry drivers and cutting the pensions of previous ones with the same investment capital. Corporate genius at work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe they are looking to spend money wildly now, provide outstanding service now but at a financial loss to show cause for backing out of the CS pension guarantee. Once they wiggle out of that, they can take aim at all pensions in next contract.Think of it: bringing in the next generation of hungry drivers and cutting the pensions of previous ones with the same investment capital. Corporate genius at work.
Sort of this has crossed my mind also. Spend money like crazy before the next contract and make it look like you're much worse off than you actually are.

However the current route cutting does not fit into that model.

bbsam

Staff member
Sort of this has crossed my mind also. Spend money like crazy before the next contract and make it look like you're much worse off than you actually are.

However the current route cutting does not fit into that model.
The route cutting can change at a moments notice.

nayrsiem

That's a bummer because even if you only averaged 8 hours a day you would make 70,000, and with only 30 mins of overtime everyday you would make 77,000. Sucks for you

I wouldn't say its a bummer for him. I'm right at $80,000 annually. That's where I find the right balance of making money and family time. That balance is different for everyone.

clean hairy

We do have same day delivery, it is UPS Critical.
Costs a ton of $$$, but if a person or Business wants to spend the $, you can get it same day.
Check it out.