Wildfires in The West

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
These wildfires out here in Cali are destroying 100,000's of thousands of acres and decimating towns. The nearest one to us is 90 miles away and our AQI is 467. ( air quality index )
I can barely breathe and we have 2 air purifiers going full blast in house.

Hope you UPSers out here working in it are okay. We tipped all the delivery drivers ( USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, On Trac , etc ) with bottled water and snacks and encouraged them to pace themselves and take extra breaks if needed.

Take your breaks and full lunch.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
By Friday morning, the Dixie Fire had burned 432,813 acres and was just 35 percent contained, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. The blaze's overnight growth gave it the grim distinction of becoming the largest standalone fire in state history, but it still ranks behind two multi-fire conflagrations.
The lightning-ignited 2020 August Complex burned over 1 million acres in seven counties, and the 2018 Mendocino Complex burned more than 459,000 acres in four counties. The latter was infamously caused by a man trying to plug a wasp's nest with a hammer and stake.

Shift Inhibit

These wildfires out here in Cali are destroying 100,000's of thousands of acres and decimating towns. The nearest one to us is 90 miles away and our AQI is 467. ( air quality index )

Hope you UPSers out here working in it are okay. We tipped all the delivery drivers ( USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, On Trac , etc ) with bottled water and snacks and encouraged them to pace themselves and take extra breaks if needed.

It’ll all grow back… eventually 😥

Shift Inhibit

You got a place to go if the fires get too close to the Beech Compound? Hopefully all your secret money making projects stays intact!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Dixie Fire. They think it was caused by PG&E power lines. They caused the Campfire which resulted in 85 deaths. PG&E had to seek bankruptcy protection.

quad decade guy

Dixie Fire. They think it was caused by PG&E power lines. They caused the Campfire which resulted in 85 deaths. PG&E had to seek bankruptcy protection.
Ok. Then what?

They succeeded in bankrupting the power company. I noticed one of the hydro electric dams went dry....now what?

No water no electric....gosh. All run by liberals.