Will a new 22.4 driver gain seniority over a pre loader?

Legitimyze

My building is just now talking about implementing 22.4s. I am currently on the pre load and am not sure if I want to drive yet. I definitely will eventually, but was planning on waiting another year or 2.

If someone else from my preload, who had less seniority than me takes the 22.4 position, will they have a seniority date over me when I decide to drive in a year or so? Worried if I don’t drive now, I will slowly be bumped down.

My building is just now talking about implementing 22.4s. I am currently on the pre load and am not sure if I want to drive yet. I definitely will eventually, but was planning on waiting another year or 2.

If someone else from my preload, who had less seniority than me takes the 22.4 position, will they have a seniority date over me when I decide to drive in a year or so? Worried if I don’t drive now, I will slowly be bumped down.
Every place is different but where I'm at full-time seniority Trump's part-time seniority. So basically if a guy went less time than you takes a full-time bid he will leapfrog ahead of you

Legitimyze

Every place is different but where I'm at full-time seniority Trump's part-time seniority. So basically if a guy went less time than you takes a full-time bid he will leapfrog ahead of you
That’s what I was afraid of, I’ll have to see if that’s how it works here. I wasn’t sure if it was the same everywhere or not.

Why you waiting a year or 2
My plan was to wait to drive until I could get a full time bid. I’m at about 7 years part time right now. Without the 22.4 coming in, it could/would have easily been 10+ years in before I had to go driving.
But for the reason to wait, I guess I wanted to have another summer or 2 til I commit to it. I have another part time job that pays a bit more than my pre load rate. So financially, I’d be fine to keep doing what I’m doing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That’s what I was afraid of, I’ll have to see if that’s how it works here. I wasn’t sure if it was the same everywhere or not.

My plan was to wait to drive until I could get a full time bid. I’m at about 7 years part time right now. Without the 22.4 coming in, it could/would have easily been 10+ years in before I had to go driving.
But for the reason to wait, I guess I wanted to have another summer or 2 til I commit to it. I have another part time job that pays a bit more than my pre load rate. So financially, I’d be fine to keep doing what I’m doing.
My bad I figured it was so you could keep smoking weed and playing your PS4 in moms basement like the rest of the folks that don’t want to work full time

Mst3k

Driving sucks. Working long hours getting abused for almost no more money than an inside employee would make picking up an extra shift or two. Then when you hit top rate the hard work pays off. Waiting two more years just means you’ll be two years older. You’ll get tired more easily, your body will be less able to deal with the abuse. you’ll have to wait for two years of 22.4 to get promoted before you get rpcd top rate.

besides that. You could decide to go 22.4 in two years only to be failed. So now two years turns to 3 then 4 then 5.

Well you do know you have to be a 22.4 driver first before you get a regular package car bid.

Legitimyze

Driving sucks. Working long hours getting abused for almost no more money than an inside employee would make picking up an extra shift or two. Then when you hit top rate the hard work pays off. Waiting two more years just means you’ll be two years older. You’ll get tired more easily, your body will be less able to deal with the abuse. you’ll have to wait for two years of 22.4 to get promoted before you get rpcd top rate.

besides that. You could decide to go 22.4 in two years only to be failed. So now two years turns to 3 then 4 then 5.
Yeah, I should probably just get started on it ASAP.

Well you do know you have to be a 22.4 driver first before you get a regular package car bid.
I did not know that, there has been basically no talk about the position since it has yet to be used around here. Guess I should actually look into it now that it matters.

Yeah, I should probably just get started on it ASAP.

I did not know that, there has been basically no talk about the position since it has yet to be used around here. Guess I should actually look into it now that it matters.
Well if that's the case you better not pass up on a RPCD bid. Because once 22.4 drivers come it's going to be a long time for you to get that regular package car bid

Drink Craft Beer

My bad I figured it was so you could keep smoking weed and playing your PS4 in moms basement like the rest of the folks that don’t want to work full time
And you know these alleged facts, how?

Ever think maybe a person has a medical condition, another job to go to, has to watch his kids or whatever reason he doesn't want to or can't become a driver?? To just assume that a person doesn't want to go full time so they can do what you're accusing them of, is pretty damn asinine.

Legitimyze

Well if that's the case you better not pass up on a RPCD bid. Because once 22.4 drivers come it's going to be a long time for you to get that regular package car bid
Unfortunately I’m not quite in a position for that. There’s about 10 drivers ahead of me without a bid, so I’m assuming they’ll move into the 22.4 when it comes. I’ll be near top of the part time seniority when that happens.

deeztier

i went cover, 22.4, then RPCD. i chose to go cover and gave up 22.4 seniority to lock in a higher pay rate. once I went 22.4, I was below those with lower company seniority. once RPCD opened up I got it before them because company seniority rules here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Ever think maybe a person has a medical condition, another job to go to, has to watch his kids or whatever reason he doesn't want to or can't become a driver?? To just assume that a person doesn't want to go full time so they can do what you're accusing them of, is pretty damn asinine.
Ok what’s your excuse tough guy

takesteady

Don’t bother, there are some folks here who I can only describe as uh..driver supremacists. Their whole sense of identity is constructed around shuttling cardboard boxes for UPS. In their minds, the only reason why someone wouldn’t want the honor and privilege of being a UPS driver, is if their a lazy stoner living in their moms basement. I think it’s a coping mechanism of some sort. It’s really quite amusing to any normal person.

542thruNthru

i went cover, 22.4, then RPCD. i chose to go cover and gave up 22.4 seniority to lock in a higher pay rate. once I went 22.4, I was below those with lower company seniority. once RPCD opened up I got it before them because company seniority rules here.
That's because the west is the best!

Thank you Teamster Power!
Vairma_Teamster-Logo-V2_FINAL2-1.png

;)

542thruNthru

What supplemental agreement are you under?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don’t bother, there are some folks here who I can only describe as uh..driver supremacists. Their whole sense of identity is constructed around shuttling cardboard boxes for UPS. In their minds, the only reason why someone wouldn’t want the honor and privilege of being a UPS driver, is if their a lazy stoner living in their moms basement. I think it’s a coping mechanism of some sort. It’s really quite amusing to any normal person.
Just tryin to keep it realz yo
Lmao