Will ability to strike be inhibited by Supreme Court?

iruhnman630

I don't know the answer about the court case, but we saw what Biden and the Democrats are willing to do with their handling of the rail workers contract

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Seems nobody cares about unions much nowadays especially most politicians. When the economy comes into play they will always side with money rather than working rights.

Honestly if unions ever dissolved for good later on because of political siding then that might be worse for everyone overall and the economy.

Nobody would want to work here if it wasn’t unionized. I damn sure would not. Especially not having the ability to strike as a group and it being brought down by a bunch of political people who have no idea what goes on behind our doors and why we would be striking in the first place.

Staydryitsraining

There is a lot of MAGA judges on the supreme court right now. It's not going to end well for unions.
It's not the 80s anymore. Lol the only enemy to unions for the past 25 years I can see is corporations. I don't think Republicans care as much as old farts think and if you have been paying attention democrats don't care at all unless it's an election cycle.

nWo

It's not the 80s anymore. Lol the only enemy to unions for the past 25 years I can see is corporations. I don't think Republicans care as much as old farts think and if you have been paying attention democrats don't care at all unless it's an election cycle.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday tightened the leash on union representatives and their ability to organize farmworkers in California and elsewhere.

At issue in the case was a California law that allows union organizers to enter farms to speak to workers during nonworking hours — before and after work, as well as during lunch — for a set a number of days each year.

By a 6-3 vote along ideological lines, the court ruled that the law — enacted nearly 50 years ago after a campaign by famed union organizer Cesar Chavez — unconstitutionally appropriates private land by allowing organizers to go on farm property to drum up union support.

The 6 conservative judges voted against the unions. The 3 liberal judges voted with the unions. This is the norm. A conservative majority in the SC is bad news for organized labor.

Over70irregs

The 6 conservative judges voted against the unions. The 3 liberal judges voted with the unions. This is the norm. A conservative majority in the SC is bad news for organized labor.
How can we “UPSers” protect ourselves and stay ahead of water down decisions?

margaritaville

The liberal judges were trying to fire people for taking a vax that is not needed and doesn't slow the spread and is multiple generations old. They would be more useful if they werent mentally deranged and lack any understanding of science or natural immunity. Sotomayor is a hysteric lunatic.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The author is very confused. The case is about not about the right to strike. This case is to seek a ruling on the National Labor Relations Act. Specifically, does the NLRA stop any damage claims against a union that during the course of a labor dispute, intentionally damages stuff that don't belong to them?

Thebrownblob

The author is very confused. The case is about not about the right to strike. This case is to seek a ruling on the National Labor Relations Act. Specifically, does the NLRA stop any damage claims against a union that during the course of a labor dispute, intentionally damages stuff that don't belong to them?
It’s vox so ignore

over9five

Staff member
1673450590559.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tough guy Sean is either confused or purposely trying to deceive. The case really has nothing to do with the right to strike. It is about interpretation of current law (NLRA) covering striking workers and responsibility of damage caused by strikers.