Will An Accident Keep Me From a Driver Position?

Silverback_92

About a year ago - but not quite - I pulled up behind a plow truck at a stop sign. He took off, and then I pulled up to the stop sign, looked left, and looked right, but when I looked right, he was backing up, and because of the roads, I couldn't get out of the way fast enough, and despite my honking, and the size of my vehicle he didn't notice me, and backed into me.

I can't remember the exact date but it wasn't a year ago just yet, it was however the only accident I've been into.

Will this incident keep me from a job at UPS, or no? It wasn't my fault, but I've gotta know, since I just put in my two-week notice at my current job for the job I was supposed to start at the end of said two-weeks. While going through my information they realized they forgot to give me certain things to fill out regarding my license, and because it wasn't on my personal vehicle, insurance, and our company didn't even pay the damages because it was the other driver's fault, it slipped my mind, and since I quit my job, I'm kind of freaking the hell out about it if you can understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks in advance for any help given!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You misunderstood. Even though you were found to have not been at fault by the police UPS would have said it was your fault.

This will not get in the way of you getting hired as a driver.

laffter

So does that mean it's a disqualifying offense? Or should I be alright?

I don't really know much on the topic, but I would be REALLY surprised (even given the nonsensical decisions UPS management makes) if it had any effect on your "qualifications".

Regarding what Upstate said- what he means is, if this happened while you were driving for UPS, they would have likely found you "at fault".

A driver I know was found at fault (initially) when he was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light. They said he "shouldn't have been where he was".

Silverback_92

Thank God! I'm stressing pretty badly right now haha, but hopefully when my recruiter sees my email in the morning and I have the time to call about it, they'll greet me with good news. I just didn't know if they had policies regarding these things that were set in stone making me a lost cause on the issue. Thanks!