Will Call

S

splozi

I have four deliveries coming my way over the next three work days. I called the 800#, but apparently you cannot have deliveries held at the customer center for pickup prior to the first delivery attempt, unless it was setup that way by the shipper.

Could I bring the tracking numbers into work tomorrow morning and have someone Wall Call those packages? Or do I just have to call the shipper and see if they can change it for me (like everyone else)?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Just tell the dispatch sup to put your address as a automatic hold that should catch everything.

overkill

an OMS can just enter the tracking numbers into ETT and create DCR's for all of the, overriding the system, or call FSG and have intercepts placed on them directly. they'll go straight to the clerk and into will-call

S

splozi

overkill

an OMS can just enter the tracking numbers into ETT and create DCR's for all of the, overriding the system, or call FSG and have intercepts placed on them directly. they'll go straight to the clerk and into will-call

I asked a sup, he said of course. He took me to an inner office where there were some guys on computers... guys that deal with routes, I don't know their official positions. This guy asked me my address, and now supposedly the packages from today (already picked those up), tomorrow, and Monday will be automatically Will Call'd.

I offered him tracking numbers but he preferred to do it by address, if that tells you anything about what he actually did.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I asked a sup, he said of course. He took me to an inner office where there were some guys on computers... guys that deal with routes, I don't know their official positions. This guy asked me my address, and now supposedly the packages from today (already picked those up), tomorrow, and Monday will be automatically Will Call'd.

I offered him tracking numbers but he preferred to do it by address, if that tells you anything about what he actually did.

pds guys, they took the broadsword approach to the problem

S

splozi

Leave note on door and ask driver to leave pkgs with a neighbor !!

Nah, it was just a matter of convenience. Our customer centers opens up at 8am, so it would be nice for me to just pick up the packages after preload. And it saves the driver a few stops over the next few days.