Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Non liberal

I'm sure your family is much happier with you working 60 hours a week. Any way you can work 70?
I do sometimes yes, see I not only have to support my family, but it’s also my responsibility to support lazy liberals like yourself who don’t want to actually get a full time job, right? Let me guess, I’ll probably be paying for your retirement also? Gooooo Biden!

nWo

And UPS counts on exactly that, full timers like yourself talking BS like you just did. The union hears this :censored2: too. This is exactly the same :censored2: that liberals do in politics. Of course we want pt’s compensated better at ups then any other company, that’s not the argument. The argument is that whether it should be secondary to all the FT getting taken care of, and it should be. We are the ones who give up our lives to work here. We should have a much better compensation package. Actually when I went part time to full time, my health insurance wasn’t as good as when I was PT. That is ridiculous! And everyone is on here saying”poor PT don’t get health insurance for 9 mos.” I worked an hour and a half a day PT, and my insurance was better then it is now working 60 hours a week, never seeing my family. I think they should strike for us, or at least quit their whining.

Once again. The world does not revolve around you. You are not a princess.

Fters are the highest paid in the industry. FTers have the best benefits in the industry. FTers do have a much better compensation package. Why are you crying? Man up.

And if you are sick of giving up your life to work here then quit. Or file 9.5 grievances. Remember without the union that you are raging against you wouldn't be able to file 9.5 grievances.

Last edited:

Non liberal

Once again. The world does not revolve around you. You are not a princess.

Fters are the highest paid in the industry. FTers have the best benefits in the industry. FTers do have a much better compensation package. Why are you crying? Man up.

And if you are sick of giving up your life to work here then quit. Or file 9.5 grievances. Remember without the union that you are raging against you wouldn't be able to file 9.5 grievances.
Not raging against the union, just trying to get our priorities straight. Highest paid yes, but part timers have better insurance then I do. That shouldn’t be, yet still they whine. Man up? Ha! I am, by putting my foot down saying I’m not going to sit back and let some part timers be the talk of the contract when I pay more dues then they do. And yes this union world at ups, does revolve around me, and every other full timer that works here. And the contract needs to also.

Yolo

Not raging against the union, just trying to get our priorities straight. Highest paid yes, but part timers have better insurance then I do. That shouldn’t be, yet still they whine. Man up? Ha! I am, by putting my foot down saying I’m not going to sit back and let some part timers be the talk of the contract when I pay more dues then they do. And yes this union world at ups, does revolve around me, and every other full timer that works here. And the contract needs to also.

Hell yeah brother! I'm right there with you. Screw everyone that isn't me!

nWo

What you don't realize is that you are putting your foot down against the union. What local are you in that part timers have better insurance than full-timers? The contract is supposed to benefit everyone. Not just you. Remember that.

Non liberal

What you don't realize is that you are putting your foot down against the union. What local are you in that part timers have better insurance than full-timers? The contract is supposed to benefit everyone. Not just you. Remember that.
That’s where the discrepancy lies sir. I feel as though the union benefits part time more then full time. Just for the simple fact the union fights so much for these guys to exist then they take full time work. It’s just stupid! Then I have to let my contract talks put part timers front and center like they actually matter? They should get rid of part time completely and make half of those jobs full time, instead of fighting for part time compensation. In my part time health insurance my deductible was $5 for anything. And I could go to any doctor I wanted, as well as having no limit on my dental ins. Now my deductible is $20, limited as to which dr. I can go to, and have a $1000 limit on my dental per year.

nWo

Well hopefully the new contract brings in more ft jobs. But the union is going to fight for part timers regardless. Sean knows we are not going to be able to organize Amazon if we do not.

Non liberal

Well hopefully the new contract brings in more ft jobs. But the union is going to fight for part timers regardless. Sean knows we are not going to be able to organize Amazon if we do not.
Why? Why would Amazon workers want part time jobs instead of full time jobs?

Non liberal

Because Amazon union busters will show their workers that UPS a union company pays worse than non union Amazon and they have to pay dues on top of it.
I thought Amazon paid $15hr? I doubt their insurance is anywhere near ups, I also doubt they have a retirement option for their employees. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Whither

Scofflaw
Meanwhile: O'Brien says

Non liberal

How many people are going to work a $15/hr PT job for 30 years just to collect the pension?
Not many, it’s not supposed to be for everybody. Certain people it’s perfect. Like an entrepreneur who can’t afford to pay for insurance, they would get free insurance and a pension that their business wouldn’t provide. Someone who’s spouse is the primary bread winner, it would be perfect for them as well. It’s not a career for most people, it was never meant for that.

nWo

Amazon hires closer to $20/hr. They actually have a very good healthcare plan. Employees are covered on their first day of employment. I can tell you they definitely do not have a $1000 dental limit.(Which I'm almost certain No UPS local has this either but I'm not claiming that). They have 100% prepaid tuition after 90 days. Amazon contributes to a HSA for their employees. They have Life and AD&D Insurance (100% company paid.) They have a 401k with a 50% match. They have paid parental leave.(20 weeks) They have RSUs.

They have benefits. We can split hairs arguing whose benefit package is better. I would argue UPS's is better. But Amazon does have many benefits that UPS does not.

Point being we can't continue to justify low part time wages because they have health insurance. Amazon has higher starting pay. Sign on bonuses. And a good health insurance plan that starts on day 1.