Will my pay rate go back to hub rate if I'm DQ' d as a driver?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Spoke to my center manager yesterday and she informed me I'll be DQ'd as of this Monday and brought back on the beginning of August on a whole new route & a new 30 days. I wanna know during the time im DQ'd, will my rate stay the same ($18.75 ) or go back to the hub rate? ($11.00)

PT Car Washer

Spoke to my center manager yesterday and she informed me I'll be DQ'd as of this Monday and brought back on the beginning of August on a whole new route & a new 30 days. I wanna know during the time im DQ'd, will my rate stay the same ($18.75 ) or go back to the hub rate? ($11.00)
If you are DQed, why are you being brought back next month?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
If you are DQed, why are you being brought back next month?
Because I was trained on a split route thats taking me forever to complete. It was a 100% resi.. It had no business or pickups... My center manger says she wants to give me a fair shot at qualifying on a actual route & not some split route bs...

PT Car Washer

Because I was trained on a split route thats taking me forever to complete. It was a 100% resi.. It had no business or pickups... My center manger says she wants to give me a fair shot at qualifying on a actual route & not some split route bs...
I have seen this happen before where a potential new driver is given another 30 day qualification opportunity. The Union must have argued that your original route was not a fair representation for qualifying. I would be careful about giving your Center Manager too was credit. Especially if she is a she.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
To be fair, if you are struggling doing house calls, even if it is a split route, you will really struggle when they have you do businesses and pickups.
Who said I struggled making house calls on the split route I was on? I actually bonus a few times on this route and did pretty good. My center manger just wants me to be on a actual route.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have seen this happen before where a potential new driver is given another 30 day qualification opportunity. The Union must have argued that your original route was not a fair representation for qualifying. I would be careful about giving your Center Manager too was credit. Especially if she is a she.
We have a huge banner stating that UPS is hiring drivers. Have seen a few 50 yr olds, and a lot of pretty dumb looking fellas come in to give it a whirl. Out of about 8 new hires for driving, 2 have stuck it out and made seniority. Bottom line is, the word is out, this job is hard and unreasonable. People just don't want to do it. Unless you are in for too much time and are praying there is a pension when you are done. You could probably get three tries to qualify these days.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
We have a huge banner stating that UPS is hiring drivers. Have seen a few 50 yr olds, and a lot of pretty dumb looking fellas come in to give it a whirl. Out of about 8 new hires for driving, 2 have stuck it out and made seniority. Bottom line is, the word is out, this job is hard and unreasonable. People just don't want to do it. Unless you are in for too much time and are praying there is a pension when you are done. You could probably get three tries to qualify these days.
It's funny you say that... I know a guy got DQ twice in my center & is about to be brought back on for the third time..

PT Car Washer

We have been hiring and qualifying for FT quite a few Army vets just from talking to them. Pretty easy job and better pay compared to where a lot of them have been.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Split routes here are absolutely terrible and unless you're experienced you're not gonna finish...240 stops crammed in a 7 cube...you can't even walk through the truck til 5pm

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
What a poor excuse for a training route. Sounds like your center manager realized she was setting you up to fail.