Will retirement health benefits be safer under TeamCare than UPS administrated plan?

cynic

Ran into a friend that retired from an airline that went bankrupt. He told me that his retirement health insurance from that airline went away due to bankruptcy. I also worked for the same airline but was laid off following 9/11. I was shocked to hear that as he was a union employee at the airline for over 30 years.

This led my train of thought to wondering if our having TeamCare administrated by IBT through funding by UPS in any way lessens the risk of a similar problem happening were UPS to go bankrupt in "##" years from now. I'm a PT employee at UPS. Sure, UPS is very profitable now but changes in the economic wellness of corporations can happen quickly. So do you feel future UPS retirement health insurance benefits safer with TeamCare than under a UPS admin'ed plan?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Will retirement health benefits be safer under TeamCare than UPS administrated pl

In theory maybe but if UPS goes under the Teamster's go broke.

balland chain

Re: Will retirement health benefits be safer under TeamCare than UPS administrated pl

With central states in charge, ANYTHING can happen.. get ready, hold on, have clean underwear ready.. it will be needed when we all see what those crooks at CS do with our healthcare & pension !!