Will saturday ever become a ground delivery day to.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Right now air is the only thing allowed to be delivered on Saturday. Does anyone think that Saturday will ever become ground delivery too. Which will force full time drives in and part time loaders in. Just wonder peoples thoughts.

Right now air is the only thing allowed to be delivered on Saturday. Does anyone think that Saturday will ever become ground delivery too. Which will force full time drives in and part time loaders in. Just wonder peoples thoughts.
Unlikely unless UPS makes it a premium service and charge a premium price. Even our Saturday Air volume has not grown much in 20 years.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Unlikely unless UPS makes it a premium service and charge a premium price. Even our Saturday Air volume has not grown much in 20 years.

FedEx Ground deliveries residental Tuesday-Saturday (usually as Home Delivery, but in areas where Home Delivery does not deliver to ... like mine ... it's Ground) given the fact that many consumers are not home to sign during the work week. If consumers demand cheap Saturday delivery, they will eventually get it and UPS will have to negotiate with the Teamsters to remain compeitive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FedEx Ground deliveries residental Tuesday-Saturday (usually as Home Delivery, but in areas where Home Delivery does not deliver to ... like mine ... it's Ground) given the fact that many consumers are not home to sign during the work week. If consumers demand cheap Saturday delivery, they will eventually get it and UPS will have to negotiate with the Teamsters to remain compeitive.

Most of our supplements have language on this in place already.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Most of our supplements have language on this in place already.

There will probably come a time in which it's addressed uniformly at the national level, and given that it will heavily reduce volumes on Monday, the work won't be done by PTers like Saturday air...

There will probably come a time in which it's addressed uniformly at the national level, and given that it will heavily reduce volumes on Monday, the work won't be done by PTers like Saturday air...
Monday volume is already reduced which is why so many routes are cut. UPS could get rid of a lot of residential volume but most buisnesses would just be a waste of time just like Saturday NDA are now. I just don,t see the buisness sense unless UPS could charge a large premium rate.

ManInBrown

There isn't enough money in the world to get me to drive that package car on a Saturday or Sunday. I wouldn't work Saturdays for Triple time. As much as I love OT, those 2 days are ME time.

barnyard

KTM rider
The centers in my area that did it last year during peak, it was considered a success. I fully expect that my center will be delivering at least 2 Saturdays this coming peak and suspect that it will grow from there.

Whether we deliver on Saturdays year round will depend on if Amazon demands it.

ManInBrown

The centers in my area that did it last year during peak, it was considered a success. I fully expect that my center will be delivering at least 2 Saturdays this coming peak and suspect that it will grow from there.

Whether we deliver on Saturdays year round will depend on if Amazon demands it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The day that comes and full timers have to come in for regular Saturday ground will be the day I go back to the insurance business. At that point I'd have little incentive to stay and really the only thing I'd be giving up is a pension, something I could make up for myself with proper planning. That is if it's not negotiated away by that point.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's the way the country is going, UPS will probably have to do it eventually just to compete. I don't care as long as I get paid.

HBGPreloader

FedEx and the USPS already do it. And now, Amazon and others are expanding into the delivery business.
So, likely sooner than later, Saturday deliveries will be the norm.
If it doesn't happen before the next contract, I suspect it will be addressed and be required in the next contract. I also suspect a lot of other things will change, dramatically, by then too. And, it won't be pretty.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FedEx and the USPS already do it. And now, Amazon and others are expanding into the delivery business.
So, likely sooner than later, Saturday deliveries will be the norm.
If it doesn't happen before the next contract, I suspect it will be addressed and be required in the next contract. I also suspect a lot of other things will change, dramatically, by then too. And, it won't be pretty.

It's already been addressed----read your supplement.