Will the trickle down economics actually work?

brown_trousers

Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?

bbsam

Staff member
Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?
Hasn't worked since the 80's. Why would it work now?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Absolutely. It may give us more money to spend. But, it is more for the people who gave up looking for work. Cause Obama gave the money to the poor. To make them dependent on government. Which will make them vote democratic. Now the corporations will create more jobs to these people.

brown_trousers

Absolutely. It may give us more money to spend. But, it is more for the people who gave up looking for work. Cause Obama gave the money to the poor. To make them dependent on government. Which will make them vote democratic. Now the corporations will create more jobs to these people.

So do you think our upcoming union contract will reflect the claimed trickle down effect? Will we see improvements?

brown_trousers

This next union contract will put the "trickle down" theory to the test. Im betting that the theory fails, and we see no significant improvements to our contract. And thus prove the failure of the idea of trickle down economics

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Right off the rip I know that I will not settle for any less than a 14% bump from what I received last contract. That is what they are saving in corporate taxes.

UPS can trickle down my sack this holiday season.

I’d like to spread some holiday cheer all over Abney’s face.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Right off the rip I know that I will not settle for any less than a 14% bump from what I received last contract. That is what they are saving in corporate taxes.

UPS can trickle down my sack this holiday season.

I’d like to spread some holiday cheer all over Abney’s face.
Eeeeeeewwwwww

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

You are an idiot! You need to be very careful, you are about 5 brain cells away from forgetting to breath while walking!

Benben

Cause it hasn't been used since the early 80s. Reagan. None have done it since

Kansas was the latest to try this from 2012 until it ended the "experiment" in 2017! Kansas is now Billions in debt.

Learn you history, just regurgitating the crap you hear on FAUX news makes you look like an idiot!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Kansas was the latest to try this from 2012 until it ended the "experiment" in 2017! Kansas is now Billions in debt.

Learn you history, just regurgitating the crap you hear on FAUX news makes you look like an idiot!

And you are the delusional maroon who thinks CNN is gospel. Pray to your leaders. You follower. Think for once in your life

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
didn't work last time. the cap is just widening between the rich and poor and the middle class continues to shrink.

learn from past history. it will be bloody some day in the future. feel bad for my children and grandchildren.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm not necessarily against tax breaks for corporations, but they need to make it contingent on executives not making over a certain amount more than the average employee in each corporation. When executives stuff their own pockets, while calculating public assistance in to employee compensation, something needs to change. Tax breaks for the poor don't do anything, since most don't pay any federal income tax anyway, and many qualify for tax credits, and that money comes from somewhere.

The main thing that needs to change is taxing small businesses/self employed at personal income tax rates. Many don't actually bring in enough revenue to pay themselves a decent salary, especially when starting up, let alone make a profit. A lot of the needs our country has can be best met by small businesses, rather than large corporations, but the tax code, among other challenges, makes it nearly impossible to get the ball rolling.

Benben

And you are the delusional maroon who thinks CNN is gospel. Pray to your leaders. You follower. Think for once in your life

Don't just take my word for it please! Go get more information from...oh say; CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, BBC TAKE YOUR @#$%ING PICK!

Sheeple like you are what has gone wrong with this country. Idiots who can not think for yourselves and must be told what to think by FAUX entertainment service.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe UPS should hire a 30% increase in drivers.

If this peak has shown anything, it's that Big Brown is normally understaffed and ridiculously so at peak.

Forget pay increases. Put more trucks on the road and let drivers experience life outside the workplace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe UPS should hire a 30% increase in drivers.

If this peak has shown anything, it's that Big Brown is normally understaffed and ridiculously so at peak.

Forget pay increases. Put more trucks on the road and let drivers experience life outside the workplace.

If anything this Peak has shown that our infrastructure is woefully inadequate.