Will they terminate

Brownhole

So im a new driver but ive been part time for a long time. Basically i think the guy a step higher than center manager wants me fired. He gave me a :censored2:ty look when i was running behind on am duties because my car needed gas. And i had a problem that day with finding an air in with the ground when i marked the manifest as 100%. So i get a suspension letter. Next day they put me in a rental truck and while delivering them as quickly as possible i forgot to latch the back door and drove to the next stop. A guy brought me a box that fell off. I didnt say anything to the center. I had late air and was given a termination letter. I think one box got away and it might or might not of been scanned to my truck. This one box was an air package and i know the center thinks i did something with it. So would i get fired for not volunteering information about it? Or if they scanned it to my truck would it be better or worse if i said i know what probably happened to it?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So im a new driver but ive been part time for a long time. Basically i think the guy a step higher than center manager wants me fired. He gave me a :censored2:ty look when i was running behind on am duties because my car needed gas. And i had a problem that day with finding an air in with the ground when i marked the manifest as 100%. So i get a suspension letter. Next day they put me in a rental truck and while delivering them as quickly as possible i forgot to latch the back door and drove to the next stop. A guy brought me a box that fell off. I didnt say anything to the center. I had late air and was given a termination letter. I think one box got away and it might or might not of been scanned to my truck. This one box was an air package and i know the center thinks i did something with it. So would i get fired for not volunteering information about it? Or if they scanned it to my truck would it be better or worse if i said i know what probably happened to it?
If you are still qualifying, you will most likely be gone. If you already are qualified, you will most likely still be gone, as well you should be, for not reporting that you had a momentary lapse of judgement with the rear door and lost some packages. You lost a package and didn't report it and someone was honest enough to bring it to you but still can't account for one. How do you know someone did not see what you did and called to report it or turned in the missing pkg?

Sorry to say but it really does not look too good for you. You're kinda screwed no matter what you do now since you were dishonest initially for not reporting it immediately. Good luck in whatever you do.

Last edited:

ibleedbrown

monday morning quarterback here but you should have told them about it asap, always CIA (cover your a__) right now i would tell the story to your union steward or BA asap and see what advice they can give you. good luck.

By The Book

It sounds as if you will not be able to pass your probation due to the ever rising amount of mistakes you continue to make. You at this time are unable to handle the pressure and requirements of this job. My best advice to you is to let them disqualify you, so you get another chance, sooner than if you disqualify yourself.

DOK

Come clean, tell them you had a lapse of judgement, which you did have. Let the chips fall where they may from there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1- Stop Running-Gunning and focus. All these errors are rushing errors.

2- Good going maroon that didn't fuel up. You screwed another driver... I hate lazy clowns like that.

BrownTexas

I would talk to your union reps. I personally would get your packet thrown out of you have to do it in a rental truck. Who in their right mind can make good service in a truck like that. If you didn't protest or grieve all discipline that you have put yourself in this position. All mistakes you speak of sound like they would have been thrown out. Small lapses in jusgement shouldn't result in discipline. Discipline should be used to correct on going bad behavior.

Brownhole

Im already out of my packet. I was going to call it in if i ended up with any packages missing. Then when it wasnt delivered the next day i decided to wait till they asked. Now that they havent even asked i dont think they got to scan it to my truck before i put it on. But im not really sure what they know
They basically went from warning letter to fired before i even grieved the warning letter.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Talk to your BA asap. They can't fire you just because you had late air, if that is their sole reason. It sounds like you've done something in the past to make them target you and they are trying their best to get rid of you.

clean hairy

Im already out of my packet. I was going to call it in if i ended up with any packages missing. Then when it wasnt delivered the next day i decided to wait till they asked. Now that they havent even asked i dont think they got to scan it to my truck before i put it on. But im not really sure what they know
They basically went from warning letter to fired before i even grieved the warning letter.
"wait ill they ask" = hoping they won't notice and I will be off the hook, now you know that is not the best way to handle it.

billerz

I would try to not make anymore mistakes, run straight air, always make sure the doors are shut, etc.
They can't fire you for what you have described here, just grieve everything and keep your head down.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Now that they havent even asked i dont think they got to scan it to my truck before i put it on. But im not really sure what they know

So what's the rest of the story? You got a warning letter, a suspension, AND termination? Your story makes no sense. I have a feeling there's a reason they are out to fire you.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sorry off topic but I'm too dumb to figure out how to start a thread..if your supervisor over dispatches you then calls you and tells you if you need help it's not gonna look good for your job...then everyday sends you out to help even though you tell him there are people with less seniority than you...and your BA doesn't answer emails or calls...what do you do?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dude chill there's drivers here who have left the backdoor open multiple times and have lost packages, and they all still work here still... Two rules for working here #1 don't let them play mind tricks on you, and more importantly, don't let your own mind play mind tricks on you!! #2 don't believe anything until it actually happens...the end