Will UPS care

Purplepackage

I'm currently looking into applying for a package handler position as im 21 and truly enjoy package delivery. I'm debating weather or not to put on my employment history that I currently work for fedex, the shifts would not mix with each other since I run morning deliveries for fedex and would work nights at the UPS hub.

Is this something that would disqualify me for an interview

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'm currently looking into applying for a package handler position as im 21 and truly enjoy package delivery. I'm debating weather or not to put on my employment history that I currently work for fedex, the shifts would not mix with each other since I run morning deliveries for fedex and would work nights at the UPS hub.

It's a catch 22 problem. If you put down that you work at FedEx, they may not hire you. If you don't put down you work at FedEx, and later find out, you will be fired for lying on the application.
My advice, get hired at UPS. Quit FedEx. Get another 2nd job until you get more hours at UPS. It's worth it in the long hall.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Conflict of interest...wouldn't hire you or would make you quit purple.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Shouldn't hurt at all. We have a couple drivers in our center that came from FedEx. As long as you get your 10 hour break between the night shift and start at FedEx since you drive there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Shouldn't hurt at all. We have a couple drivers in our center that came from FedEx. As long as you get your 10 hour break between the night shift and start at FedEx since you drive there.
Quitting one to work at the other is okay. Working for both companies at the same time is a conflict of interest.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I wouldn't

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I was always told you couldn't work both. It's a conflict of interest.

Packmule

Say you are looking to change to the better company and offer to leave FedEx if hired at UPS. You're not hiding anything and the flattery may open the door.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We had a guy try to do that at my center. Ended up getting fired when they found out. Big conflict of interest.

ChrisTheBrown

Say you are looking to change to the better company and offer to leave FedEx if hired at UPS. You're not hiding anything and the flattery may open the door.
Exactly...Just be straight up honest with them (if interviewed) & tell them that you're looking to be a part of the best delivery company that the business has to offer. At only 21, this is the ideal age for you to start with us. I would make the jump, if I was you, & wouldn't look back. Good luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App