will UPS hire without a diploma or g.e.d?

HoyaWithMe

I just went to a walk through this morning at my local ups that my dad helped me get into after working there for 30+ years and still is. They want to do a 2nd interview with me on monday but my main thing is do they hire people without a diploma or g.e.d? If i tell them no i didn't graduate but if they hire me i will work towards a g.e.d? any answers?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just list the High School. Who will ever check? No one cares.

How much weed did you smoke that you didn't graduate?

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
ne

never did anything like that just some personal thing's happened
Get your GED....show a little initiative. And I'll be honest with you...whatever your "personal thing that happened" that made you drop out of high school, it's not any easier working at Brown. Your father got you this job, don't embarass him by quitting after a week.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just went to a walk through this morning at my local ups that my dad helped me get into after working there for 30+ years and still is. They want to do a 2nd interview with me on monday but my main thing is do they hire people without a diploma or g.e.d? If i tell them no i didn't graduate but if they hire me i will work towards a g.e.d? any answers?
Don't falsify your application.
And for Gawd's sake, get your GED.
Do you have a verified learning disability?
I did/do, so this is not a snarky question.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Get your GED....show a little initiative. And I'll be honest with you...whatever your "personal thing that happened" that made you drop out of high school, it's not any easier working at Brown. Your father got you this job, don't embarass him by quitting after a week.
Just thought I would let you know, in case you did not realize, this is a very judgmental statement with little insight.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just thought I would let you know, in case you did not realize, this is a very judgmental statement with little insight.
It's high school...I'm not saying the guy has to make the honor roll or take advanced classes, but it's not that difficult. Not to mention you can take GED courses online now. If someone didn't have the initiative to complete that, I wouldn't be recommending them to work here. You don't want to finish school but you're going to wake up at 3am everyday to hump cardboard for $150 a week? Riiiight.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I know this sounds crazy but maybe you should ask first thing at your second interview

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've worked with many employees who had learning disabilities . One is still there 20+ yrs later.
It all depends on how badly UPS needs bodies.
If HR gets the call that 10 bodies are needed , then 10 bodies will be hired.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A lot of my friends who have bachelors degrees said they don't even ask for their diplomas at interviews...why would ups care about a high school diploma
UPS doesn't trust diplomas.
UPS sends off forms and verifies against what was entered on the application.
Variations greater than 3 months must be reconciled.

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have a kid who was home schooled. Was actually drafted by the phillies. They told him to go to a community college for a yr. Which means he needed to get his ged. Instead of doing it. He works for UPS with no diplomas. I have been trying to mentor him to getting his ged. Really nice kid.