will UPS hire without a diploma or g.e.d?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a kid who was home schooled. Was actually drafted by the phillies. They told him to go to a community college for a yr. Which means he needed to get his ged. Instead of doing it. He works for UPS with no diplomas. I have been trying to mentor him to getting his ged. Really nice kid.

He flunked out of home school?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
He flunked out of home school?

No. His parents are really religious. They didn't do the quarterly reports that the state requires. So there weren't any transcripts to say he completed home school. To be accepted into a community college. His parents messed up big time. I think I can help him. To go and get it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Larry the Cable Guy says that he has a friend who had sex with his teacher---trouble was he was home schooled.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
LOL... Like HR is going to call about High School! Cut me a break. You get a diploma for just showing up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you are too young to settle down. tell your Dad "thanks, Dad, but I am going to see the world first ." you have the rest of your life to work. have some fun.

sweetUPS

We have a kid who was home schooled. Was actually drafted by the phillies. They told him to go to a community college for a yr. Which means he needed to get his ged. Instead of doing it. He works for UPS with no diplomas. I have been trying to mentor him to getting his ged. Really nice kid.
Did he put that he had a diploma on the application?

Re-Raise

You are literate enough to type a post on here, so you can probably read an address and follow simple directions.

The real question is will you stick it out when it gets hard? If you tend to quit things that are difficult, you won’t be here long.

Last edited: