Will we still have overtime if the new contract passes?

Good god! You can come and take all my over time. I’ll work 40hrs no problem.

I'm still fairly young. I made alot of mistakes in my 20's financially. I need to rebound somehow, but I don't want to look like a suck up either. I don't know it feels like a lose-lose situation.

JustDeliverIt

I was just wondering because I keep on hearing that with 22.4 drivers. They might take away a lot of our work.

There is only one way to truly eliminate excessive OT. That is for the company to pay into H&W for every hour worked. Then, their only financial savings would be by cutting OT. As long as they can stop paying after 40 hours, the cost of putting more drivers on the road is far more expensive than OT to the ones out there after cutting routes. Since that will probably never happen in my lifetime, I think OT is safe for those who want it.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't really want to go to management.
ForcefulWildDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif

JustDeliverIt

They will for sure be used to mitigate OT for package car drivers...

....why else would the Company have agreed to it?

As much as I am against the 22.4, the company can't get anyone to drive as a FT driver now. I don't see how they think a lower paying job is going to suddenly bring people out to drive on weekends for less money.

MangoMango

Give me a break. Do you really think 22.4s will take OT away? The goal of UPS is to cut routes. It is still cheaper to pay me OT until 9pm than it is to put another truck on the road. They have to pay fuel, wear and tear, drivers pay, pension, etc etc.

WTFm8

As much as I am against the 22.4, the company can't get anyone to drive as a FT driver now. I don't see how they think a lower paying job is going to suddenly bring people out to drive on weekends for less money.

Or is it all an act that they can’t?

Or is it a bad/lazy/dumb HR group to run buildings as skeleton crew as far as all staffing?

I didn’t know top-rate when I applied for being a driver, postings don’t even say a start rate.

One HR lady said $18.25 at first interview in-person when I was asking a bunch of questions. 4 days later I had another HR lady email for me to come down for an interview (LOL) and say $18.75/hr to start.

NEITHER knew when benefits started, didn’t know if it was 6 or 12 months.

Inside work is another story. Our center is heavily understaffed and nobody new stays long because of the workload/harassment/‘standards’ for such a low paying job.

JustDeliverIt

Or is it all an act that they can’t?

Or is it a bad/lazy/dumb HR group to run buildings as skeleton crew as far as all staffing?

I'm not saying HR are the brightest bulbs in the pack, but every shift inside the building as well as drivers are understaffed. Preload, with supervisors working, can't get it done almost ever. They cut routes when drivers call in sick because they have no one at all to cover it. I'm not saying they don't like to cut it close, but that is a staffing issue, not a bad HR. They hire anyone for any job that walks in the door at our building.

Inside work is another story. Our center is heavily understaffed and nobody new stays long because of the workload/harassment/‘standards’ for such a low paying job.

In our building, the true seniority ends at about 7.5/8 years. From 6.5/7 years down to the new hire, there is almost no one on the PT seniority list. Maybe 10/year, and thats probably being generous. That should speak more to the way this company treats its employees more than anything.