Winning a bid route

upser4ever

Well I didn't get the bid but they haven't awarded it to the 22.3 guy either. Seems like no one knows what the rules are or what's going on. My driver sup thought the same as me about him having to wait a year to bid again but was told different by someone? My Union Steward called the business agent and the president and I still didn't get a straight answer, all they said was that it was bull but that's about it. My drivers sup said he was gonna talk to the guy and tell him if he disqualifies himself again he can't bid for 3 more years. Said he might take his name off after he hears that. The whole situation sucks and seems like no one knows anything

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I didn't get the bid but they haven't awarded it to the 22.3 guy either. Seems like no one knows what the rules are or what's going on. My driver sup thought the same as me about him having to wait a year to bid again but was told different by someone? My Union Steward called the business agent and the president and I still didn't get a straight answer, all they said was that it was bull but that's about it. My drivers sup said he was gonna talk to the guy and tell him if he disqualifies himself again he can't bid for 3 more years. Said he might take his name off after he hears that. The whole situation sucks and seems like no one knows anything

Your driver sup cannot make up his own rules.

The bid is rightfully yours.

upser4ever

That's what I thought but they said its between my manager and the union. Who knows what that means. Not really happy about the whole situation

upser4ever

I saw our union president today and told him about my situation, he said he would call me and let me know soon. While walking out of pcm my union steward saw me and told me the route is mine. 30 min later my driver sup texted me and told me the same. It's not the best route but now it's mine and I'm super excited. I really think this is gonna take a lot of stress off me and make my life better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your driver sup cannot make up his own rules.

The bid is rightfully yours.
I saw our union president today and told him about my situation, he said he would call me and let me know soon. While walking out of pcm my union steward saw me and told me the route is mine. 30 min later my driver sup texted me and told me the same. It's not the best route but now it's mine and I'm super excited. I really think this is gonna take a lot of stress off me and make my life better.

You're welcome.