Winter Gear

SLW

Had our first freeze here. What do you use to stay warm in the winter? Whether it be company provided or not?

Also, side question: I was only issued short-sleeves and a hoodless rain jacket. I was told they're not ordering anything else from Twin Hill, so I can only get whatever's in the big bag of leftovers up in HR. Any idea what I should be looking for? ie do they make large-tall stuff or should I not even try looking?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Had our first freeze here. What do you use to stay warm in the winter? Whether it be company provided or not?

Also, side question: I was only issued short-sleeves and a hoodless rain jacket. I was told they're not ordering anything else from Twin Hill, so I can only get whatever's in the big bag of leftovers up in HR. Any idea what I should be looking for? ie do they make large-tall stuff or should I not even try looking?

We have heavy coats, you should probably try to look for one, but don't expect a perfect fit. If you can't find anything that works, you should inform your supervisor, and ask him what he thinks you should do. Either way you have the right to keep yourself warm. If the company can't provide you with their approved uniform coat, then they shouldn't try to stop you from doing what you need to do. A heavy hooded sweatshirt under the rain jacket should be ok, or something heavier, if it gets cold enough.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Thermal underwear. Better to feel stupid wearing the stuff than to fell cold not wearing it.

Indecisi0n

I always went with thermal thin layers . I can't work in bulky cloths. A warm sweater (wool) and a vest of some sort should be more than enough with all the moving your doing .

ManInBrown

Under Armour Coldgear thermal long johns and thermal shirt. A nice pair of North Face snow boots. Whether there was snow on the ground or not, i wore them. They keep your feet nice and toasty. And a full mask. And a nice paor of northface gloves. Those are the 3 things I used when i was in package. If they come out in road and see you wearing the mask and say something, take it off and call out the next 3 days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If they aren’t giving you proper attire wear whatever you need to to stay warm.

542thruNthru

This is what I wear in the winter.
m_5cd39a9f2f48312f0e09be94.jpg
m_593ac1078f0fc4cb47029cca.jpg

If you need anything else you're a pusillanimous! ;)

GenericUsername

My winter gear consists of a non-UPS hoodie that I have. It rarely drops below 50s here, and when it does, by noon it's normally warmed up to the point where I'm dripping sweat and taking the hoodie off due to the amount of work that is being performed. Gotta love Florida.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I wear thermals and I am good. One thing I can’t find is a good set of gloves so my hands are not cold and that I can still use the diad etc without always taking them off

JustDeliverIt

I wear thermals and I am good. One thing I can’t find is a good set of gloves so my hands are not cold and that I can still use the diad etc without always taking them off

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-armour-liner-2-0/pid1318546-001

I wear these and they are great. Technically they are a glove liner, but they are keep me warm enough in the Buffalo snow and no issues with the diad. In the 5 or so months I use them up here, I usually go through two pairs. Fingertips usually go, but they work great.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
My winter gear consists of a non-UPS hoodie that I have. It rarely drops below 50s here, and when it does, by noon it's normally warmed up to the point where I'm dripping sweat and taking the hoodie off due to the amount of work that is being performed. Gotta love Florida.
Yup. Florida only has two seasons; Hot and slightly less hot. It’ll be cold in the mornings and at night during “winter” but by noon it’s usually warm enough to lose the jacket.