Wireless connection, having a hard time gettin online.

fethrs

I am using Verizon Mifi to get online wirelessly. It has been a pain to get online latley. I don't know if it has to do with the power outage we had or someting eles.

I've tried updating the device and it still isn't working properly.
Anyone else use the Mifi or have any issues? I tried BC first cus I don't want to call customer support.

Please help!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
That's a portable wireless router, right? Have you tried resetting it? The routers I've used usually have a little hole you can poke the end of a paperclip in to press the reset button. When routers start acting wonky that's usually what I try first.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, feth, I have the same problem lately, I think it's because the new housing constuctions going on in my neighborhood.

But, I have tried checking all cable connections to and from the modem, and to the wifi.
And, I did gain, by removing some interfernce objects from the wifi/modem (such as an old monitor, and a rechargable vacum cleaner = electronics)...
That did help me, somewhat.

Today, I'm having a better day.... everything fast and quick again - must have been the new cables they just laid for the new neighborhood by me.

Oh, and if you have I.E 8, upgrade to I.E 9 - made a huge difference, too. I.E. 8 really sucked.

klein

Well, personally, I could tell that my modem wasn't flashing as quickly as it should - so the wifi unit was fine. Check connections that they are all tight. And check modem that it flashes as it should. If it does, then Cheryl can be right.

As a quick fix, unplug both for atleast 1 minute, that resests them , too.

fethrs

Well, personally, I could tell that my modem wasn't flashing as quickly as it should - so the wifi unit was fine. Check connections that they are all tight. And check modem that it flashes as it should. If it does, then Cheryl can be right.

As a quick fix, unplug both for atleast 1 minute, that resests them , too.

There is nothing to plug in, it is wireless. It chargers vis usb hub on laptop. Nothing else to plug in, no connections, did I say it's wireless? it's portable too.

klein

Well, that's the price to pay for getting cheap servers. They slow down on high traffic, or overcasted weather.
They aren't relaible and it depends on your current location, too.

over9five

Staff member
Well, that's the price to pay for getting cheap servers. They slow down on high traffic, or overcasted weather.

Also don't forget Fethahs is in the USA, so the wireless here sucks like the whole country...... Right, Klein?

fethrs

What are you talking about? It's Verizon, it doesn't have anything to do with servers. You don't understand Klien, I am having a hard time getting online, once I do get online all is good.
I'm sure it's a software thing and was wondering if there was anyone else on bc that has this device and has had any issues.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What are you talking about? It's Verizon, it doesn't have anything to do with servers. You don't understand Klien, I am having a hard time getting online, once I do get online all is good.
I'm sure it's a software thing and was wondering if there was anyone else on bc that has this device and has had any issues.
Hey Fethrs, what are you, a cheap *** ?????????? lol!

fethrs

Good one More.
I wish I was a cheap *** I'd save more money.
I have 3 other people on my Verizon phone bill and only one lives with me
.:sad-little:

Did you try refilling the water and then turning the burners on high till the proper temp is reached?

Wait, thats for a hotdog cart. Stupid Canadian technical manuals. :biting: