Wishes on Wheels Convoy 2009

over9five

Staff member
Once again it is time for the annual Wishes on Wheels Truck Convoy to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. Hopefully we will keep UPS's record intact with having the most trucks/package cars in the convoy.

This all takes place in CT.

It's next Sunday, Sept 20th. I signed up, but I'm not sure my work schedule for next week yet.

Anyone else going?

Big Babooba

Once again it is time for the annual Wishes on Wheels Truck Convoy to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. Hopefully we will keep UPS's record intact with having the most trucks/package cars in the convoy.

This all takes place in CT.

It's next Sunday, Sept 20th. I signed up, but I'm not sure my work schedule for next week yet.

Anyone else going?
Is it just for the feeder guys? You guys have all the fun.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Is it just for the feeder guys? You guys have all the fun.

No! Package guys come too. (I think Package tries to hide the fact that you can go).

C'mon, Big. Ask about it, you can even bring a guest. I bring my wifey. A lot of guys bring their kid or girlfriend or mistress....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have something down here called "Touch a Truck", or something like that. All different kinds of trucks will be parked somewhere and they let kids climb through them and sit in the driver's seat and blow the horn. Every once in a while UPS will send one with a few volunteers to show it off.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I asked ************* last year if I could join, but was DENIED because I turn a wrench and don't wear Browns..... How Rude!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

over9five

Staff member
Actually, I backed out today. I can't justify (to myself) not working my scheduled workday to do this.
Last year I was Mon - Fri, so it didn't cost me a day.

Wifeys bummed. She likes ridin' in the tractor!