With all these things and changes going on? Why are there not more posts?

overflowed

I left about 5 years ago, horrible place to work. Screw you left to right. I guess most of the good couriers have left. Back in the day the forum was much more active, what happened? Only reason I check in once in a while is I still care about my old coworkers. I wish all you new people luck. But I would leave asap if I were you. Just a paycheck these days. The company screws you any chance they have. I hope some of you new guys just look for a new job.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sad to think that the glory days of working at Federal Express are about 30 years gone by now. Fred’s trying to run a sweatshop on wheels these days. He must have a real hatred of anybody doing manual labor for a living.

AB831

I left about 5 years ago, horrible place to work. Screw you left to right. I guess most of the good couriers have left. Back in the day the forum was much more active, what happened? Only reason I check in once in a while is I still care about my old coworkers. I wish all you new people luck. But I would leave asap if I were you. Just a paycheck these days. The company screws you any chance they have. I hope some of you new guys just look for a new job.
It’s a horrible place to work. Its only benefit is that it pays enough to foot the bill for trying to find something better.

Serf

It’s not that bad. I think people just have to be more honest with themselves. I agree on the changes. Maybe it’s all quite because no one truly knows what to expect.

Cactus

It’s not that bad. I think people just have to be more honest with themselves. I agree on the changes. Maybe it’s all quite because no one truly knows what to expect.
Oh they know what to expect alright. It's called further screwing.

And what do you mean by "people just have to be more honest with themselves"?

McFeely

Huge Member
For me, I still really enjoy my work (the customers and the fitness parts) but I'm getting more and more nervous about all the changes and what that means for me and my future at Express. This was supposed to be my easy job to coast into retirement. I'm doing just fine financially, but not ready to retire unfortunately.

I'm fortunate to have decent management at my station and a good schedule and route. If I didn't have those, I'd be out the door. Once this double sort bullsheat goes down, I may just go PT if I need to and work on my side biz.

AB831

I'm fortunate to have decent management at my station and a good schedule and route. If I didn't have those, I'd be out the door. Once this double sort bullsheat goes down, I may just go PT if I need to and work on my side biz.
and that’s exactly what Fat Freddy wants to see. Fortunately, you have been responsible and won’t be ruined by these changes like I fear for so many others.

bacha29

The transformation began when Fat Freddy bought out RPS in a stock only transaction. At which time it went from a premier player in a new and rapidly evolving specialized market to just another trucking company that flies envelopes for a side gig.

Serf

Oh they know what to expect alright. It's called further screwing.

And what do you mean by "people just have to be more honest with themselves"?
I mean that it’s labor intensive, many times thankless, doesn’t require a College Degree, etc. The goals Mngt. Sets are unrealistic. That’s being honest with yourself.

bacha29

' "No one truly knows what to expect" Express is becoming more like Ground everyday. If you're a contractor they can slam that so called "negotiated" (lol) contract down in front of you and it's "here it is pal, eat it and smile. 'Yeah, we know that there ain't a single word in it that's binding upon us, after all it's our contract. So it's sign it or find your trucks out along the gate with termination notices plastered all over them".

AB831

' "No one truly knows what to expect" Express is becoming more like Ground everyday. If you're a contractor they can slam that so called "negotiated" (lol) contract down in front of you and it's "here it is pal, eat it and smile. 'Yeah, we know that there ain't a single word in it that's binding upon us, after all it's our contract. So it's sign it or find your trucks out along the gate with termination notices plastered all over them".
Do you think it's possible that Express and Ground could eventually be merged completely?

bacha29

Do you think it's possible that Express and Ground could eventually be merged completely?
It will consolidate as much as it can get away with short of a full formal merger. Just as Ground trucks and drivers are made to look like an all company owned fleet, on the surface Ground and Express will look like separate OPCO's but beneath the surface they'll be joined at the hip for as long as they can get away with it and for as long as contractors can continue to keep the Teamsters out because that's about the only reason for which they exist.

falcon back

Why would you ask bacha anything that requires logic and knowledge? He is clueless of the activities in the company and makes up comments just to make himself look smart. Find 1 statement that he has made about the company as it is today that is correct and you will find 5 more that are totally incorrect. Even a broke clock is right twice a day. His is batting about .150 with his predictions, pretty sad.

bacha29

Why would you ask bacha anything that requires logic and knowledge? He is clueless of the activities in the company and makes up comments just to make himself look smart. Find 1 statement that he has made about the company as it is today that is correct and you will find 5 more that are totally incorrect. Even a broke clock is right twice a day. His is batting about .150 with his predictions, pretty sad.
.150? That's still 150 points higher than you would ever do as an NFL.....designated hitter. (LMAO) .

Cactus

Speaking of predictions.....

The one we can all agree on is that we all knew you'd come crawling back to this forum.

BTW, how's the NASCAR races this year? 😆

Last edited: