With economy should COLA be automatic?

Over70irregs

Automatic COLA?
At 8% yearly inflation:
After 9 years, a $1,000,000 retirement/pension, will only have $472K in purchasing power.
People don’t understand how much they are being robbed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Automatic COLA?
At 8% yearly inflation:
After 9 years, a $1,000,000 retirement/pension, will only have $472K in purchasing power.
People don’t understand how much they are being robbed.

It's already in the contract....

"Effective August 1, 2019 and every August 1 thereafter during the life of the Agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for May 2019 (published June 2019) and every May thereafter, and the base Index for May 2018 (published June 2018) and every May thereafter, as follows:"

DOK

It's already in the contract....

"Effective August 1, 2019 and every August 1 thereafter during the life of the Agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for May 2019 (published June 2019) and every May thereafter, and the base Index for May 2018 (published June 2018) and every May thereafter, as follows:"

So what’s that equate to for a COLA raise for this year? Are we even getting one?

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
So what’s that equate to for a COLA raise for this year? Are we even getting one?
Not sure yet. They calculate it in May. The equation for the exact number they use is in tye contract. I've been told by my BA expect about 75 cents on top of the raise for August.

DOK

Not sure yet. They calculate it in May. The equation for the exact number they use is in tye contract. I've been told by my BA expect about 75 cents on top of the raise for August.
I’m guessing .36 cents, only a guess haha

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1654910931185.png