Withdraw. Am I too late?

sndgan

Probably. But heck, I need to try.

It's been a year since I resigned from UPS and I just now discovered that I needed to withdraw from the union upon that resignation. I didn't realize I had to do this.

I'm looking to get hired again, and was wondering if it's not too late to withdraw now and avoid the initiation fee (if I do get hired) since I already went through that process.

Thanks for your thoughts

PS: I know I need to withdraw anyway. My concern is toward the union dues and what that entails if I'm hired again

upschuck

You would still need to pay the dues for the months you haven't, until to withdraw, so might be cheaper to pay the initiation again.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you quit a union job, you need a withdrawal card, otherwise you will still owe your monthly dues if you go back to work in the same union. Can add up to quite a bit.

Not only if you quit, but also get one if you are laid off or off on injury and don't forsee working any days in the month.

If you do not work any days in a month and have a withdrawal card, you do not owe dues for that month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not only if you quit, but also get one if you are laid off or off on injury and don't forsee working any days in the month.

If you do not work any days in a month and have a withdrawal card, you do not owe dues for that month.

I had surgery for an off job injury in January 2015 and one of the first things I did was to request a withdrawal card.

The part normally not mentioned is that you have to notify the union that you are back to work as failure to do so could result in dues not being taken out and a bill sent for back dues.