Wonder what that load will look like tomorrow

Alamo Joe

Anyone elses preloader lazy? Only writes hin number on about 30 percent of the boxes. I send the same message to the center daily. I also take a video of the load everday and send it to my center manager. He tells me ,"Ive been talking with them about that".

specter208

We have single dudes load whole lines of trucks on Saturday and Monday sometimes. One loader loads the truck one way on Saturday. Another loader has to improvise the second half of the load on Monday.

Froome

We havepal labels and loaders who are not held acountable for the loads. 3 to 5 misloads a day, no lip load, no sequence load, just wall loaded by area. Boxes fall off shelf and 1k in 6k and 7k. Preload sup had to load me one day last week and his load was really bad too. 4 misloads. If sup can't do the job and he is training loaders, it's no wonder the loads stink. No seq numbers written on any boxes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes we have them but they are rarely loaded where I can see them to select a package.

So, do you think forcing loaders to take the extra time to write hins on each package will somehow magically make them load them properly? If they don't have time to do it properly to begin with, how will slowing them down by giving them extra, unnecessary work to do help?

Our loaders are decent at pulling and resticking the pals to a spot where they can be seen, but you'll never get a perfect load. Just sort as you search, line up your next stops while looking for the packages for your current stop. It's not hard. I would never count on being able to read hastily scribbled numbers anyway.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You tell me your preloader is lazy but your only evidence is that they wasted half an hour to write hin numbers. Would you like them to waste 1.5 hours to write on every package?

Chances are they are bad in other ways but you might not be as good as their supervisor: Neither of you know why your preloader sucks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly don't you have bigger pet peeves.
I know when I tried out the diad last month I was shocked that the piece count was not even accurate, because the diad would split piece counts between air/savers/ground and then 'Orion' randomize them on the screen.
Like how are people supposed to sort and verify all the pieces for the next 4-5 stops if the diad only tells you there are extra pieces in the middle of scanning.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
others ITT are wrong, the HINs would absolutely improved load quality (i tested this on myself many times when i was a loader)

when you tell me he’s only putting on a third, that tells me he’s getting backed up and swamped the rest of the day where he can’t
i only put HINs on the first 1/3 the other day when i covered a pull, would have fallen behind otherwise

Heavy Package

Anyone elses preloader lazy?

I was a preloader before I drove. You have to see if your loader is trying to GAF or not. The bottom line is that UPS expects too much and does not allow enough time for the preloaders to work. They get behind on UPS's impossible metrics and need to either stack out or just throw it in the truck because more and more stuff is coming at them with no help.

Want better loads? Staff properly. Give the loaders 1-2 more hours per day to work. Lower the dispatch and monitor the piece count per car. I'm not holding my breath on any of this happening.

GenericUsername

It's not impossible to write hin numbers on boxes while loading. I had a 900-1100 piece spot and wrote on every box with exception of FL1-4/RDR(L). You don't always have to write out all 4 digits so long as your loading methods are on point, but the bare minimum should always be the first 2 digits.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
As a loader, I would write the HIN on almost every package, but that was for my benefit only. As a driver, I rarely look at the PALs, and never rely on some other person’s scribble. You should be looking at address labels.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Anyone elses preloader lazy? Only writes hin number on about 30 percent of the boxes. I send the same message to the center daily. I also take a video of the load everday and send it to my center manager. He tells me ,"Ive been talking with them about that".
Bro you need a hobby if you’re worried about load quality on Sunday night at 11:30. Go watch some internet boobs or some Sports Center.

Deal with it and look for the packages. You only know a pre-loaders struggle if you've been in his/her shoes before. Then you would of thought twice before posting this thread.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20180921_084251.png

Froome

Loaders do have it hard and I don't dispute it.
It would be a help to me as a driver if the boxes were lip loaded and on the correct shelf. Most of the time I have 300-400 in a 800. Most of it is piled up the middle and to the ceiling. Orion really works good on those days! Any improvement to the load seq. would help. Heck I might even be happy if the ones in my truck were mine!