Wonderful that we have a new contract isn't it??

Who else can't quite understand why our wonderful union has allowed us to keep working instead of putting pressure on UPS to get the contract finished? Instead of striking, we get to keep working under the same ****ty working conditions, the same 95 language that means nothing to UPS, and keep getting all the harassment for doing this job. There are drivers out in my building until 10pm tonight. This ISN'T peak. What the hell. From what our supervisors said, it came down from corporate that routes need to be cut and stops per car way up. Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 5 years?

stink219

Are you kidding me?! I mean this has to be a damn joke! Maybe you need to do some strike research over the last 12 years before your ignorance to a labor contract. A strike has never been a first resort. Maybe when you get your next ballot in the mail, you will take your own post into account.

HubBub

Let's divert all our volume to FredEx Ground. Nobody will be complaining about too many hours then. Everyone will be begging for more. Problem solved.

Packmule

Are you kidding me?! I mean this has to be a damn joke! Maybe you need to do some strike research over the last 12 years before your ignorance to a labor contract. A strike has never been a first resort. Maybe when you get your next ballot in the mail, you will take your own post into account.
I'm with you. Strikes should be a last resort. No one ever wins when it gets to that and many never return to work again because the volume drops so far for so long.

I agree. Strike is a last resort. But we could get there if are leaders would let us. I also agree with enough is enough. First, late nights. We are not talking about the 9 pm punch out once in a blue moon to flex your muscle so the company would back off and they did. Now it's a new saying I only had a 8 to 8:30 punch out. That's sad. Second, harassment. I don't know about you guys but with the high stress levels all it takes is someone with a weak mind to come in and mow people down. This is a double edge sword here people. All this because of someone people's creed.

Squint

No more work for me!
I'm glad I retired. You can have all that GPS crap, EDD junk, Orion garbage. I got off the road just before DIAD 3 hit. Clerked for 8 years just waiting for my 55th birthday. Since early 2011 it's been so laid back for me not having to worry about ANYTHING anymore! I feel for you guys everyday and think of my co-workers with whom I spent my career with quite a lot. Hang in there guys, I'm here to tell you that there IS a light at the end of the long tunnel.

I'm glad I retired. You can have all that GPS crap, EDD junk, Orion garbage. I got off the road just before DIAD 3 hit. Clerked for 8 years just waiting for my 55th birthday. Since early 2011 it's been so laid back for me not having to worry about ANYTHING anymore! I feel for you guys everyday and think of my co-workers with whom I spent my career with quite a lot. Hang in there guys, I'm here to tell you that there IS a light at the end of the long tunnel.
Good for you brother. Enjoy your retirement.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I miss Ron Carey.

Why would you miss a crook ?

"Already the document's discovery has led to the uncovering of an alleged money-laundering scheme launched to assist Carey's campaign, carried out with the help of a prominent liberal activist group and orchestrated by a key Carey supporter."

New Republic Writer Revisits Ron Carey

"But there sat Jere Nash, Carey's former campaign manager, weeping in a New York courtroom, trying to explain why he and two fellow aides funneled illegal contributions to Carey from the union's treasury."

THE TROUBLE WITH THE TEFLON TEAMSTER THE FEDS AND THE PRESS OVERLOOKED THE DARK SIDE OF REFORMER RON CAREY. HERE'S WHAT THEY MISSED. - October 27, 1997

-Bug-

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You think you're angry? I got the xeroxed letter from hall today admonishing me for voting no. He's clearly angry that he can't get back to his golf game because of people like me.

over9five

Staff member
You think you're angry? I got the xeroxed letter from Ken H today admonishing me for voting no. He's clearly angry that he can't get back to his golf game because of people like me.
"Unfortunately for those of you who voted Yes, the others who voted No screwed you...."

Loosely quoted, but that's what he's saying.

nv8449

Hey guys a questions out the new part time wage increase. I was hired back in October 2012 if the contract went though would I be getting the same raise, since that would mean new hires will start making more than me. Now with this delay does this also mean I won't get it. Just wondering because I work my ass everyday and could use the money for college but not worth making less than new employees.

I am glad everything where you are is fine and dandy. But where I am, and apparently all across the country since 17 supplements and riders did not pass, it is not good at all. Where we are, UPS doesn't give a damn about following the contract. The only way they are going to listen to the people busting their asses for them everyday is if we MAKE them follow the contract the THEY agreed to 5 years ago. And unfortunately striking is about the only way to do so. So keep enjoying your wonderful days at UPS.

Last edited: