Word is we lost Grainger account.

ManInBrown

Anyone else hear that? Going to be lots of cancelled feeder runs if true. We have jobs that just go all day back and forth from Grainger to different buildings in the area. Then we also have jobs that pick up at Grainger and take to buildings out of state. Probably 6-8 dedicated Grainger runs here. Carol probably told them they can pay more or kick rocks.

wilberforce15

Anyone else hear that? Going to be lots of cancelled feeder runs if true. We have jobs that just go all day back and forth from Grainger to different buildings in the area. Then we also have jobs that pick up at Grainger and take to buildings out of state. Probably 6-8 dedicated Grainger runs here. Carol probably told them they can pay more or kick rocks.
No, I imagine she told them they weren't woke enough, and we don't work with backwards working class companies any more.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We lost most of our Grainger a wild back out west, and yes that did come at the cost of some feeder jobs. Better not Bigger really is working out for us ain’t it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I haven’t seen them in my center for a very long time. I figured a smooth talking FedEx sales rep talked to the right person there and ACTUALLY answered their calls and e-mails when their counterpart at Grainger figured “Why not? Our UPS rep hasn’t responded to us in years. Let’s give that spunky FedEx guy a call.”

evilleace

I like how this thread stayed about grainger, I deliver and pickup at one everyday. Haven't heard about any change. Guess we will see tommorow.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We have/had? a TDP feeder run that solely handled Grainger that was walking distance from the hub. I’ll have to ask on Monday if it was cut.

Overpaid Union Thug

I found out why they dropped us. They figured out they can sell the same products on Amazon and people will pay more for them there because they have a Prime membership. :wink-very:

evilleace

Have we lost it or are the switching pushing more of the shipping volume to the stores instead if distribution centers? I also know we put a cap on them at Christmas last year. (Shocking I know)

barnyard

KTM rider
I also know we put a cap on them at Christmas last year. (Shocking I know)
We did that to a large regional retailer here. They switched to FE in February because of it. I was picking up 2 pallets on Sundays during peak. One Sunday, I bump the dock, go in and they said that they were over quota and would not pay the over quota rates. The store manager came down and said that I did not have to stop there on Sundays anymore.